Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

d20Maverick

Old June 23rd, 2014, 05:50 PM
Have I overlooked an adjustment that would enable me to grant new characters a free 1/1 contact somewhere? Or is that something that can currently only be added after locking a character for advancement?
d20Maverick is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:04 PM
Using the ADvancement tab to add/change contacts is in the FAQ as a future feature.
Right now you use the social tab to add/change contacts.
ShadowWalker is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks. Adding them on Social yields a "Resources Overspent" error, though, without an Adjustment in place. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope for that "Future Feature" to come soon.
d20Maverick is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Agonar

Old June 23rd, 2014, 07:18 PM
I have noticed, from adding in the PCs in my group, that after you lock the character, you can add contacts in the social tab. When you unlock the character (if you need to for whatever reason), then it seems to think you are using starting karma to buy them, and will tell you that you've over-spent, but when you lock the character again it seems to go back to normal.
Agonar is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old June 23rd, 2014, 08:41 PM
yeah thee over spent error sounds like the character isn't locked, but then if the character wasn't locked you wouldn't be able to use the Advancement tab.
ShadowWalker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old June 24th, 2014, 05:10 AM
Permanent Adjustment > Free Contact Karma

I think this is what you are looking for.
nylanfs is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
d20Maverick

Old June 24th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylanfs View Post
Permanent Adjustment > Free Contact Karma

I think this is what you are looking for.
That is indeed precisely what I was looking for, I just wasn't looking for it on the Personal tab. Thank you very much, nylanfs. And thanks for the other excellent suggestions, guys!
d20Maverick is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ech0

Old July 6th, 2014, 07:27 AM
I'm also trying to modify the Connections a bit, maybe you can help my group out.

Has anyone found a way to remove the Connection limit to 7 Karma during character generation? I'd like to add a 5/5 connection, but that angers the HL Gods. :-P

If that isn't possible, can anyone think of a workaround? Maybe manually "removing" Karma from a character during Char Gen to "save" a few points and add the high-level connection after char gen?
Ech0 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old July 6th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
I'm also trying to modify the Connections a bit, maybe you can help my group out.

Has anyone found a way to remove the Connection limit to 7 Karma during character generation? I'd like to add a 5/5 connection, but that angers the HL Gods. :-P

If that isn't possible, can anyone think of a workaround? Maybe manually "removing" Karma from a character during Char Gen to "save" a few points and add the high-level connection after char gen?
I just checked this, While it throws an error, it allows you to switch modes and and then doesn't show an error. Does that help your case?
Insaniac99 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Insaniac99

Old July 6th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post

I just checked this, While it throws an error, it allows you to switch modes and and then doesn't show an error. Does that help your case?

Edit: you can also just not spend the points and lock the character, then increase the points without seeing an error.
Insaniac99 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote