Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Meatpuppet

Old November 3rd, 2018, 11:05 AM
Hi LW,

My group and I happily restarted our PF game after a 7-year hiatus. I fired up my trusted old copy of Hero Lab on my win 7 laptop and everything went fine all my datasets worked like they used to in 2011. I went to the Hero Lab store and bought the add-on for our next campaign: The Rise of the Runelords.

I also planned on customizing some PF creatures my players will eventually meet in RotRL and on entering the non-ogl monsters in Hero lab myself (I’m a big fan of Mind Flayers, Beholders, Githyanki, etc.). The HL editor is definitely not my thing (I just don’t get it and it is not for a lack of trying, WTF is a bootstrap?) so I bought the Pathfinder Unchained add-on so I could eventually use the Simple Monster Creation rules as (like the description of the product said) they would be added later as a free update.

But now reading on the forums, http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...creation+rules, I see that this update is not likely to ever see the light of day. Wait what? I got the PU add-on for that sole purpose. Being a DM, the Simple Monster Creation Rules is the feature I was desperately looking for in Hero Lab, like since forever.

Don’t get me wrong, for an old geezer like me, HL is still a time-saving godsend. I really appreciate what you’ve done with it and I am proud to have supported it over the years (and with the CAN$ to US$ exchange rate I can tell you my wallet felt the pinch ).

I guess you are working hard on PF2. But as far as I'm concerned I could not care less about the new edition, I invested too much in 3.5 and PF, not to mention that our aging brains simply cannot digest (yet) another ruleset.

So c’mon LW give us the Simple Monster Creation update already! It has been more than 3 years. Or, at the very least, tell us it is not going to happen and remove it from the product description so as not to mislead other potential buyers.

Meatpuppet
Meatpuppet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote