Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AntaresCD
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 28th, 2014, 02:42 PM
I'm a first time data file author and I have two questions related to output:

1) I've been trying to get the roster output to use up the full width of the available space but I've been unable to.

I know that sounds vague, so I'll illustrate:

Name.....Stat1....Stat2...Stat3...Cost...[empty space]
Unti1.....x...........x.........x........10......[empty space]
Item1....[text block..........................][empty space]
...........[text block wrapping..............][empty space]

The problem is that the details of the items will only use the same amount of space for their description as the stat block uses, which leaves a decent amount of space unused in this section of the roster which leads to a lot of unnecessarily long blocks for upgrade descriptions.

2) Also for roster output, I'm trying to keep the amount of redundant or distracting text to a minimum so I wanted my items to just be listed by name (and maybe a short summary) or as a list, similar to how built-in upgrades are listed. I have my items selected from a list and added as linked children. I want the items to have the following:
-Full design text for roster selection (some of them have lots of text to read through.
-Summary text (a lot of newlines cutout and info shortened).
-In output, the full design text in the footnotes and just the name/cost, or the name/cost and summary in the main part of the roster.

Currently I can get the first 2 but not the third. I can make the information appear in footnotes but not remove it from the main section. Or I can make it disappear from both areas.

Any help with my questions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

My code doesn't have bugs; it has undocumented features!
AntaresCD is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old April 30th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaresCD View Post
I'm a first time data file author and I have two questions related to output:

1) I've been trying to get the roster output to use up the full width of the available space but I've been unable to.

I know that sounds vague, so I'll illustrate:

Name.....Stat1....Stat2...Stat3...Cost...[empty space]
Unti1.....x...........x.........x........10......[empty space]
Item1....[text block..........................][empty space]
...........[text block wrapping..............][empty space]

The problem is that the details of the items will only use the same amount of space for their description as the stat block uses, which leaves a decent amount of space unused in this section of the roster which leads to a lot of unnecessarily long blocks for upgrade descriptions.
If I'm reading this right you are trying to remove the dead space from the end of the stat line in the Roster View? If this is correct and you are just trying to display only the stats on the Roster view then if you adjust all the column widths then use the "eyeball" icon (top left of corner) to check the column widths you can then enter the column widths in the def file in the Group tab against each tag group in the Width part

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntaresCD View Post
2) Also for roster output, I'm trying to keep the amount of redundant or distracting text to a minimum so I wanted my items to just be listed by name (and maybe a short summary) or as a list, similar to how built-in upgrades are listed. I have my items selected from a list and added as linked children. I want the items to have the following:
-Full design text for roster selection (some of them have lots of text to read through.
-Summary text (a lot of newlines cutout and info shortened).
-In output, the full design text in the footnotes and just the name/cost, or the name/cost and summary in the main part of the roster.

Currently I can get the first 2 but not the third. I can make the information appear in footnotes but not remove it from the main section. Or I can make it disappear from both areas.
Not quite sure what you are after with this sorry

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AntaresCD
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 30th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkan_again View Post
If I'm reading this right you are trying to remove the dead space from the end of the stat line in the Roster View? If this is correct and you are just trying to display only the stats on the Roster view then if you adjust all the column widths then use the "eyeball" icon (top left of corner) to check the column widths you can then enter the column widths in the def file in the Group tab against each tag group in the Width part
Close, I'm trying to kill the deadspace at the end in the output view (print prievew, pdf output, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkan_again View Post
Not quite sure what you are after with this sorry
In roster output, the line for each child item gives you either the full description (or the summary) for the item. You can also flag the description of any item to appear in the footnotes. I want to find a way to put the description in the footnotes and have it only give the name and cost in the child listing under the parent. Everything I tried so far that blanks out the description in the child listing also blanks out the footnote listing.

My code doesn't have bugs; it has undocumented features!
AntaresCD is offline   #3 Reply With Quote