Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Daelda

Old July 25th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Greetings all,
I know that this is not directly Realm Works related, but it may be of interest to those of us who use Realm Works in conjunction with miniatures. If this is the wrong place to post this, or inappropriate, please let me know.

Recently I stumbled upon a relatively new Kickstarter called "Hand of Glory: Modular Magnetic Gaming Miniatures " - This seems like an excellent set of miniatures with which to customize PCs and NPCs alike.

"Hand of Glory is a new type of gaming miniature with a very cool twist: each Hand of Glory figure and accessory is magnetized using tiny rare-earth magnets. This means for the first time, you will be able to change your character on the fly.

Since everything in the Hand of Glory line is magnetized, your character can swap out weapons and items to use whatever your adventure calls for. Since all accessories work with all figures, you can easily customize your character’s loadout and pick up new items along your journey. You can level up your character, swap weapons with allies, and steal items from foes. Use Hand of Glory to tell your own story.

This project is inspired by open-world RPG video games, such as Skyrim and The Witcher (which, of course are based on D&D and other classic tabletop RPGs!). In the video game world, we love collecting and trading weapons, customizing loadouts for specific battles, managing inventory, experimenting with powerful dual-wielded weapon combinations, and searching for unique items along the way. We're super excited to bring this open-world video game feel back to tabletop gaming!

There are 9 Heroes in this first collection, and 2 add-on figures. They are Heroic scale (32mm) and range in size from 25mm to 40mm. Each figure is made from pewter (unpainted) and includes a 25mm slotted base and rare-earth magnets to install into the arms.

Each highly detailed pewter accessory universally fits on ALL of the figures. In our first line, we are offering 3 different weapon and item series, and a handful of add-on items. There are swords, axes, shields, warhammers, magical items, potions, crossbows, torches, and even a dragon familiar! We have over 100 unique items, and all of them can be used by ANY of the figures.

The Basic Pledge includes Series 1 weapons & items (15 total accessories)
The Advanced Pledge includes BOTH Series 1 and Series 2 weapons & items (45 total accessories)
The Heroic and Legendary Pledges include ALL THREE Series (over 105 total accessories!) "

I have pledged to the Kickstarter, but otherwise, I am not associated with the company or the product. I just find it interesting and potentially quite useful! Take a look, if you like it, add a pledge. If not, look around Kickstarter - I often find interesting things there.

Currently HoG has mostly male miniatures, but they are looking to add more females to their lineup in the not-too-distant future, and are willing to take suggestions about types of miniatures that people want. I hope that you look into it. Thanks.

Hawk

Last edited by Daelda; July 25th, 2017 at 10:18 AM.
Daelda is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 25th, 2017, 08:13 AM
If you're going to post the same spam to multiple forums, you could at least get the link correct. :P

For forums that use BBCode, you want:
Code:
[url=http://www.example.com/]Link Text[/url]

Last edited by Parody; July 25th, 2017 at 08:16 AM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old July 25th, 2017, 09:56 AM
They are unpainted. I hate painting mini's. Commissioning someone is a bit pricey, so I will stick with pre-painted plastic mini's or the pathfinder pawns.
Toblakai is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Daelda

Old July 25th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
If you're going to post the same spam to multiple forums, you could at least get the link correct. :P
I am sorry that you consider this spam. I am not associated with the company, other than backing them. I thought that, given that many Realm Works users play via pen & paper, and thus use minis, I thought this was something that might be of interest.

(I did edit the URL - I thought I got it correct, but apparently did not)

NOTE: The Steve Jackson Forums has a special thread for "Crowdfunding Projects Worth Noting" - perhaps something like that should be put in place here. Realm Works got its start via Kickstarter, and I am sure that there are other projects that Realm Works members might find of use that are not directly Realm Works related.

Last edited by Daelda; July 25th, 2017 at 10:34 AM.
Daelda is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 25th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Coming soon to a product recall near you.

What were these guys thinking?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 25th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I'm not a miniatures painter either, so I'm obviously not the target market for these.

Once upon a time I purchased a miniature from a company that made minis with your choice of hand variants and had them paint it for me. That worked out pretty well. I don't see the need for a hot-swappable version, though. ::shrug::

The spam comment was purely because I saw the same post (complete with same link error) on multiple forums today.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 25th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Yeah nah. Bones IV starts on the 1st and that will have a hell of alot more variety. And guys I'm an old school 40k player saying that this is not unique and quite frankly is a bad idea. You will lose pieces, magnets will weaken and the weapons will not stay in place, weapons will fall off when the table is bumped. I wish I had just glued my weapons onto my models as I now have multiple weapon less models in my collection.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; July 25th, 2017 at 01:12 PM.
daplunk is offline   #7 Reply With Quote