Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kane_Severance

Old February 2nd, 2014, 08:40 PM
I'm using the Bestiary Monster Creation tool to emulate the Taninim race/paragon class from the new "In the Company of Dragons" playtest by Rite Publishing.

When I'm adding natural attacks, how do I specify primary, secondary, or always 1.5xStr attacks? Basically it just lets me pick the damage dice, and not the modifier.
Kane_Severance is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:29 AM
In Pathfinder Primary Secondary and 1.5str are based on the Natural Weapon. If you only have a single attack it gets 1.5 str damage. For the list of Primary/Secondary attacks types look in the Bestiary Section.

The only other way I know to "force" a type to be different is to use my Adjustments addon or a script. Then you could use: Natural Attack: Secondary; Natural Attack: Primary; Natural Attack: Two-Handed Damage adjustments which can change the type of a natural attack.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kane_Severance

Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Right, there are some attacks that specifically call out 1.5x strength on a specific attack. An example is the dragon disciple's bite which does 1.5 strength even when used with claws.

The race in the playtest is basically a dragon and they get a 1.5x strength bite attack as well, even when using claws.

I have your adjustments addon, but didn't think to try it for this. Thanks!
Kane_Severance is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Look in the Special Attacks for "Powerful Bite" - this race's bite attack doesn't follow the normal rules for bite attacks, so the differences should be applied with a special ability. You may need to create a specific version in the editor for this race's version of Powerful Bite, since the existing versions either also make the attack's threat range 19-20 or apply double strength damage.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Qwilion

Old February 3rd, 2014, 02:48 PM
This sounds like a really interesting, since Rite Publishing does publish products through Hero Lab I am interested to see how this works.

Steve "Qwilion" Russell
Rite Publishing
Qwilion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Winged1

Old January 12th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwilion View Post
This sounds like a really interesting, since Rite Publishing does publish products through Hero Lab I am interested to see how this works.
+1 for having Rite Publishing add In the Company of Dragons to Hero Labs
Winged1 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote