Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Latrecis

Old September 25th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
We apologize for the errors that have occurred in the latest Mac installation. We are tracking down the source of the issue now and hope to have a solution soon, but don't have a good ETA quite yet. I would expect that this will be fixed before the end of the week.

The source of the problem seems to be a conflict with Apple's Gatekeeper which aims to prevent things downloaded from the internet unless certain criteria are met. We believe we are satisfying those criteria, but the error persists, so we are still investigating.

For those looking to revert back to 32-bit until we get this fixed, you can find previous updates you have downloaded by going to finder, hit Shift-Cmd-G to go to a specific folder, and type in: ~/Library/Application Support/Hero Lab/download. This folder contains items previously downloaded by Hero lab, including previous installers, which are named hl<version>_mac.install.dmg.
Woohoo! That worked great! 8.8 here I come. Shows how little I know about my own Mac.
Latrecis is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
DaveM
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 25th, 2019, 05:09 PM
The 64-bit Mac installer has been updated, and should now be able to run successfully after download. You may need to Ctrl-Click and select Open to allow it to run the first time.

Note that if you have Chrome and have previously downloaded this file, the previous file may be cached. Try downloading from a different browser or clearing your cache in Chrome (Settings->Advanced->Clear Browsing History and select "Cached images and files")
DaveM is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
CaptCalamitous

Old October 8th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Having upgraded to Catalina I find that I am unable to use the beta HL install.

Both files, downloaded using Chrome, Firefox and Safari report themselves as damaged and only fit for the bin.

CaptCalamitous is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old October 8th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Have you tried the final 8.9 release at http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/submit/...p&platform=mac ?

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
CaptCalamitous

Old October 9th, 2019, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Have you tried the final 8.9 release at http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/submit/...p&platform=mac ?

I had not.

I admit I came here in search of the 64 bit client, found the beta thread and assumed that what was posted on the updated first post was the latest version.

This is installed and seems to be running okay.

Thank you for your help.
CaptCalamitous is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 9th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Mods: Given that this Beta test is done, you should probably change the first post to say so and lock the thread.

The same goes for its Windows counterpart.

Parody is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Ainoa

Old November 27th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Hello,

I just installed the latest version of Hero Lab (8.9c) on my mac (OS Catalina 10.15.1) and I get an error message stating : "Hero Lab" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Is there anything that I can do?

Thanks so much!
Ainoa is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Shadovar

Old December 13th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Ainoa,

You can get around that by going into your finder, finding the Hero Lab application, right clicking on it and then selecting "open". Once you open it this way - it will open normally via any shortcuts. It's the Mac way of making sure you really want to open it when the application cannot be verified.
Shadovar is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
IanB

Old January 17th, 2020, 03:37 PM
Mac Hero Lab periodically asks me 7-8 times in a row to give access to the Documents folder, despite me having explicitly granted it in System Preferences. Even if I give it full disk access, the popups persist. This started happening after Catalina upgrade.

Any ideas?
IanB is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 20th, 2020, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanB View Post
Mac Hero Lab periodically asks me 7-8 times in a row to give access to the Documents folder, despite me having explicitly granted it in System Preferences. Even if I give it full disk access, the popups persist. This started happening after Catalina upgrade.

Any ideas?
This thread relates to the Beta - we've had a full release for some time. The Dev's may not note your post. I suggest you raise a bug report, or send an email to support to get some help.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #50 Reply With Quote