Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Drawdy

Old January 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I need to change Tempest to a scimitar. I have followed the instructions via Gizmo & bootstrap and everything seems to be in order. However, the scimtar version does not show up in my magic item list to purchase.

When I try to test item I get an error telling me the file is not found in the game setting's data folder. The file is actually in the data/d20/source folder which is where HL had it donwloaded to begin with. When I copy the file into the data folder (or what I really need is for it to be in the Pathfinder folder b/c we use PF, not d20 rules) I get duplication errors until I delete the newly created files.

I am wary of copying to a data folder and then deleting the original...

Is this actually a bug or am I screwing up something?
Drawdy is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 27th, 2010, 12:18 AM
All new files are placed in the d20/data or pathfinder/data (or the appropriate data folder for the game system in question). Copying the entire legacy of fire file from the d20/data/source folder to pathfinder/data would create quite a lot of errors - you're copying every legacy of fire thing.

The source folder is just the source information - a reference, not the files that are actually used.

Because of changes between the d20 and Pathfinder systems, you'll likely run into errors by directly copying a d20 thing. Instead, go into the Pathfinder game system, and into the editor, create a new file, and fo to the magic weapons tab. Now, on the bottom left, press "New (Copy)", and in that list, find "Tempest". Now switch your new version to a scimitar, give it a new unique ID, save the file (as a NEW user file in the pathfinder/data folder), and press "Test Now!" Once that's done, you'll be able to use the revised version.
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
skinnerj

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Skill Craft Armor description says you are able to build traps
skinnerj is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 30th, 2010, 10:17 PM
The Summary Text for the Suspicious trait has the following: +1 to Survival checks, Survival is always a class skill for you.

It should read: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks, and Sense Motive is always a class skill for you.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Heavy Horse is shown as Druid only Companion and is not allowed for a Paladin's mount; According to the book and not mentioned in errata, the Heavy Horse is the *usual* mount.
djc664 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 7th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Sling bullets are not resizing correctly. I made Small ones for a gnome bard in my party, and they are marked as "wrong size" and she cannot use them. It does mark them correctly at the name; no (s), but tiny and medium show the (t) & (m) accordingly. I've also tried making magical ones in Small, to no avail.

Last edited by djc664; February 7th, 2010 at 07:35 AM.
djc664 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Not sure about this one, but I'm posting it anyway.

Items made of special materials (i.e. Mithral Shirt) can't be enchanted in Hero Lab. I looked through the book and the only requirement I found for enchanting is a masterwork item.

Affected items: Adamantine Breastplate, Dwarven Plate, Dragonhide Plate, Elven Chain, Mithral Shirt, Darkwood Buckler, Darkwood Shield, Mithral Heavy Shield
FifthWanderer is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
Not sure about this one, but I'm posting it anyway.

Items made of special materials (i.e. Mithral Shirt) can't be enchanted in Hero Lab. I looked through the book and the only requirement I found for enchanting is a masterwork item.

Affected items: Adamantine Breastplate, Dwarven Plate, Dragonhide Plate, Elven Chain, Mithral Shirt, Darkwood Buckler, Darkwood Shield, Mithral Heavy Shield
The items you mention are Specific Armors; special named armors are set up "as is". If you want one of those armors with additional enchantments, you want to create them as a custom item choosing the Material Used (i.e. dragon hide, adamantine, etc.) and including the additional enchantments as you like.

While you are correct that the special materials require only masterwork, in order to add any named enchantment (i.e. keen, shadowed, ghost touch, etc) to an armor or weapon, it has to be +1 first (which means it ALSO must be masterwork; HL will do that for you).
djc664 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old February 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM
From what I read in the Pathfinder book, these are the steps in creating a magic item:

1. Begin with a masterwork item. As I read it, the special materials all either explicitly state or imply that items made with them are masterwork.

2. Add a +x enhancement bonus.

3. Add any special abilities (keen, shadow, etc.).

What I was trying to do was make a Mithral Shirt +1, Shadow. I didn't find any reason in the Pathfinder book that I can't do that, but HL wouldn't let me use a mithral shirt as my base item.
FifthWanderer is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonal View Post
A minor error, but the prestige class "Duelist" has [Tumble 5 ranks] listed as one of the requirements.
It should be [Acrobatics 2 ranks] for PRPG.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilash View Post
A paladin of 3rd or lower level gets a channel energy of 0d6, which is shown both in HL and on the character sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHarlequin View Post
Gnomes can now Speak with Animals, and are not limited to burrowing mammals under the Gnome Magic racial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
I'm making a Dragon Disciple of high enough level to get the Bite attack; it appears that HL is adding 1xSTR bonus rather than 1˝ times.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Disguise skill lists as "-" and is grayed out on that same sheet. I think that means that HL interprets it as 'Trained Only?' It should read "5" (his CHA modifier).
Fixed all these in the next update. Thank you all.

Last edited by Mathias; February 8th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
Mathias is online now   #20 Reply With Quote