Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:21 AM
I haven't had time to get regions going yet. Getting the Deities, Spells and Domains done is going to be a long chore in and of itself.
RavenX is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbran01 View Post
I was thinking of creating a region mechanic, but I just used factions instead. I like what you have done.
I didn't use Factions to cover regions because of the actual Factions in the game setting.

There are enough organizations in the game I don't want to clutter it up with other things. Fire Knives, Zhentarim, Harpers, Red Wizards, etc. are in my data, just going to take time to get the regions added. Though If I do something like jbearwillis I can actually code the prereqs on the feats to account for region.
RavenX is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearwillis View Post
This is how I sett mine up. Just started and got the race and region framework setup. It works nicely. Now to input the rest of the regions.
Could you describe how you got the regions added? I am curious about how you implemented this.
RavenX is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
mbran01

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I didn't use Factions to cover regions because of the actual Factions in the game setting.

There are enough organizations in the game I don't want to clutter it up with other things. Fire Knives, Zhentarim, Harpers, Red Wizards, etc. are in my data, just going to take time to get the regions added. Though If I do something like jbearwillis I can actually code the prereqs on the feats to account for region.
I thought about all the other factions, but it just seemed like it would take to much research and time to figure out how to set up a region mechanic and it was just easier to use factions. I like the idea of having them seperate though.
mbran01 is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Honestly if he set them up the same way as Ethnicities, which I believe he did, then it won't be that much more work to actually do them separately. In the end having them separate would be better. There were not a lot of factions in the core rulebook, but when you start adding other books into the mix you have a lot of things to code. Personally I would rather have them as separate entities.

I am thinking the 3 of us might be able to collaborate and do smaller tasks on this project so that it all gets knocked out faster. There is a lot of data to do in just the Campaign Setting book.
RavenX is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Well being new to coding, it would be hard to explain, but I can send you my home rules file if you want and see what i did and maybe work it into what you want. That would be much easier for me to do then explain. Yes they are Ethnicities hidden from the race list using the helper tag. So when you pick a Race from the elvenkind Ethnicity it then will have you pick a region. I am still trying to add someway to allow when you pick a region that it will bring up some kind of dropbox to chose your bonus feat and one for equipment, if their is a way to do so.
jbearwillis is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
The drop down menus are just a matter of knowing what tags to restrict the choices to. I have learned a lot about those.
RavenX is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 18th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hey RavenX did you want me to send you my file.
jbearwillis is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
mbran01

Old May 20th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I like the idea of collaborating, because there is lot of work to craeate this data set.
mbran01 is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
jbearwillis: yeah I will want to look over what you did in your data. I plan on doing regions like you have done, this way I can script out prerequisites on the feats.

And mbran01: yes we can work together. If you have races done I will want to see those and we will figure out the rest from here. I am still adding deities. That will eat some time in and of itself. The data will be a large set when it is done though. 3 of us working on it will allow us to get the data finished quicker than me just doing it all by myself. It has taken a while for me to get to this point with the data, and I still have a ways to go on it.
RavenX is offline   #30 Reply With Quote