Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

ruhar

Old December 2nd, 2018, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Hehehehehe.
Chemlak, if you're going to tell the story of why calendars priority got dropped down you need to tell the WHOLE story.

The survey included players and we all know that in a game there are more players than GMs. As a result, there were more players responding than GMs. Players don't need no stinking calendars so they made that their lowest priority. When the votes were counted calendars got a low priority. Honestly, I think the players were Russian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Now, we know the functionality of calendars exists, but the problem is UI and usability, which LWD want to get right because if the average person can’t use it, it’s probably inappropriate for a software release.

Whether you agree with this stance or not (I personally don’t, I think they should be released as is and improved in updates), that’s LWD’s decision to make and I support their right to make that decision.
From what I heard it was way too clunky to let it out, but they would have worked on it if it weren't for the Russians...I mean players skewing the survey.
ruhar is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old December 2nd, 2018, 05:20 PM
I just want to point out that another survey is expected after the Content Market finally releases.
Silveras is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:08 PM
Hopefully it will only be GMs. Or two separate surveys.
Bidmaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 2nd, 2018, 06:21 PM
Man, I'm late to the party. In a product wholly driven by DMs (players are only going to buy player versions if their DMs are running games in the tool) they set their prioritization based on a broad survey. There are some very long threads on this, but now that we have 64 bit in beta and some hope that we'll see the content market "soon" -- we need to make sure we get the word out that calendars are still a top priority for us.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old December 2nd, 2018, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Hopefully it will only be GMs. Or two separate surveys.
Fingers and toes crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
we need to make sure we get the word out that calendars are still a top priority for us.
Agreed!
ruhar is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 2nd, 2018, 09:40 PM
They are for some GMs, anyway; calendars weren't high on my list.

Parody is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old December 2nd, 2018, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
(...) but now that we have 64 bit in beta and some hope that we'll see the content market "soon" -- we need to make sure we get the word out that calendars are still a top priority for us.
Absolutely.

Ok, Parody is right to interject, the "Big C" is a top priority for many of us.

But dure to the many possibilities for world building and story telling, custom Cs will create / enhance, and the dev work already invested into it, we hopefully won't have to wait that much longer.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I just want to point out that another survey is expected after the Content Market finally releases.
Seriously? I thought that a survey was just behind another Kickstarter on the never again list.

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Seriously? I thought that a survey was just behind another Kickstarter on the never again list.
I could be wrong, as I was away from the boards for a while (January -September), but that was the discussion when the Content Market went into partial release.
Silveras is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 4th, 2018, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Chemlak, if you're going to tell the story of why calendars priority got dropped down you need to tell the WHOLE story.

The survey included players and we all know that in a game there are more players than GMs. As a result, there were more players responding than GMs. Players don't need no stinking calendars so they made that their lowest priority.
EXACTLY THIS... And to add that LWD was under the mistaken perception that the "RW Players Edition" wouldn't be DOA and give them a reason to justify why the players vote should even be considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
When the votes were counted calendars got a low priority. Honestly, I think the players were Russian.
Now that's Funny

Lastly, for any that truely run any type of sandbox campaign, time tracking is essential is the WHY calendars are so important.

The only thing (since LWD woke up and realized the need of 64bit) that I would remotely slide calendars for is character level journals and AND integration with the DM's version of RW.
The only reason I would be supportive of this is I have 8 players that feel they totally wasted their money in purchasing the Players Version.

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote