Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 31st, 2012, 09:15 AM
A new update of the Shadowrun files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

This update adds content from the Unwired book as a new package that's available for purchase. The package is $9.99, but it's also available as part of the Basic Suite Bundle, which includes the Arsenal, Augmentation, Street Magic, Runner's Companion and Unwired packages, all for 30% off the cost of buying those packages individually. To purchase one of these options, use the Purchase Data Package option that's in the License menu within Hero Lab.

This update also adds Shapeshifter characters for all those with the Runner's Companion package, adds 51 new languages, and includes some bug fixes.

Here's the complete change list, copied from the FAQ:

New Releases!
  • Content from Unwired is now available! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu. This can be purchased individually, or you can purchase a bundle containing this, as well as the Arsenal, Augmentation, Street Magic, and Runner's Companion packages - the bundle is a 30% savings over purchasing each book individually.
Enhancements & Changes
  • Added the Shapeshifters section of Runner's Companion.
  • If the Personal tab is not shown for a character (this is the case for vehicles, spirits, agents, etc.), the Permanent Adjustments table that would normally be on the Personal tab is on the Adjust tab instead.
  • If the Personal tab is not shown for a character (this is the case for vehicles, spirits, agents, etc.), the images that would normally be on the Personal tab are on the NPC tab instead.
  • There are now adjustments available on either the Adjust tab or the Personal tab that can set the cost or availability (or both) of a selected item and all the modifications in it to 0.
  • There is now an adjustment that applies the effects of the Restricted Gear quality (Availability limit for that item becomes 20) (Runner's Companion pg. 101) to a selected item. This is intended for times when you want to apply your Restricted Gear quality to one of the modifications on one of your vehicles. If that's the case, select this adjustment from the Adjust tab on the vehicle, rather than from the main character.
  • There is now an adjustment that allows you to modify the nuyen cost of an item.
  • Added 51 new languages to the list of languages available to select from, drawn from the various country entries in the Sixth World Almanac.
Bug Fixes
  • Bone Density Augmentation was not applying its damage bonus.
  • Infected characters were not calculating the BP costs of their attributes correctly.
  • Latent Dracomorphosis was reporting errors once you switched to advancement mode.
  • Added a Dracomorphosis advancement.
  • Modifications to Body from cyberlimbs are now taken into account when calculating armor encumbrance.
  • For a weapon with multiple ammo bins (like the Yamaha Sakura Fubuki, or a weapon with the Additional Clip mod), only the first ammo purchased will be loaded - this way, when you're purchasing multiple types of ammunition, you don't get an error message as soon as you purchase a second type of ammunition.
  • The optional powers of a high-force possessing spirit were not being recorded properly.
  • If you purchased an augmentation by pressing the "Add" or "Add & Close" buttons, (but not "Customize"), the cost multiplier for the grade selection was not being added to the price that was actually charged.
  • If a metasapient bought off the Uneducated or Uncouth weaknesses, they were still charging the additional costs for the skills they affect.
  • Some of the cyber-implant weapons from Augmentation were not available for purchase as modifications of cyberlimbs.
  • Commlinks in a cyberlimb were not being displayed on the Matrix tab or the printout.
  • The Articulated Weapon Mount's test for whether its equipped weapon had an underbarrel mount was always reporting that it failed.
  • There were no valid selections available for Mysterious Implant: Permanent Infusion.
  • The Cost of the Gyro Stabilization accessory was incorrect.
  • For a Mystic Adept viewed on a small screen size, some of the Magic tab could become unusable.
  • The cybergun accessories were not available for selection.
  • The Fly skill should be part of the Athletics skill group.
Data File Authoring
  • The #runprog[item] macro is now available, to make it easier to test if a specific program is running on the same device.
  • Added the Program Options tab to the editor.
  • The grCostVar field has been added to gear (in the editor, this is the new "Display Cost during purchase" option). This allows you to enter text that will be displayed as the cost of that item while the user is choosing what items to purchase, so that you can display something other than a dash for items whose cost will be calculated later, or display the range of costs available for a variable cost item.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old May 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Woo hoo! Off I go to download it, and start running it through it's paces.
_Pax_ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
I'm hoping I'm just blind, but I'm not seeing anything related to shifters aside from the "not always quite human" option...

The heritage menu doesn't include them.

I refreshed my license thinking that might be it, but didn't have any luck either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
J.R.
ledeir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledeir View Post
I'm hoping I'm just blind, but I'm not seeing anything related to shifters aside from the "not always quite human" option...

The heritage menu doesn't include them.

I refreshed my license thinking that might be it, but didn't have any luck either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
J.R.
The "Racial Modifications" table immediately below the races.

P.S. Help menu...Shadowrun FAQ within the program has this question.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Blind it is! I had found a FAQ though it wasn't Shadowrun specific.
Now I know where to look in the future for questions. Thanks
ledeir is offline   #5 Reply With Quote