Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

Dragnmoon

Old June 7th, 2020, 01:27 PM
Where on the character is the ability to select what skill to use for Initiative and roll it?
Dragnmoon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
drober76

Old June 7th, 2020, 05:44 PM
There is no dedicated initiative roll button, AFAIK, you just roll the appropriate skill. Generally perception, but you can just roll the appropriate skill instead if you want (e.g. Stealth if you were Avoiding Detection). The only downside is that with Incredible Initiative, it gives you the option to add the +2 to the perception roll, but not if you use a different skill.
drober76 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old June 7th, 2020, 07:44 PM
Well that needs to be fixed.
Dragnmoon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 12th, 2020, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Well that needs to be fixed.
How can it be fixed? I've just read the rules for initiative on page 468 of the PHB, and your initiative total is based on any skill that the GM determines is appropriate.

This makes it impossible to have an "initiative" button, without adding extra logic for you to choose the skill to be used for initiative (which would be pointless since you have all your skills listed already).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old June 12th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
adding extra logic for you to choose the skill to be used for initiative (which would be pointless since you have all your skills listed already).
That is how. And no it isn't useless because there are options that add bonuses to initiative and not the skill.
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 12th, 2020, 01:02 PM
I just wanted to chime in to say that with the GM controls for the Stage through the Campaign Theater the Stat used for Init can be selected from a dropdown for each Character involved once you enable Tactical Mode.

This needs to be done on the GM side of things, and it does default to Perception but your group should be afforded the option to modify which relevant Skill/Stat to use in this manner prior to clicking Confirm and Start to get Encounter Mode rolling.

This is all subject to layout changes and tweaks in the future, of course, but I wanted to just make a mention that this functionality is already baked into the CT features. Chow!
Ryan F is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old June 13th, 2020, 11:18 PM
Ryan that does not help those of us you are not using the Campaign theater.

This needs to be built directly into the character for those of us that are playing at a table controlling our own character rolls.

Edit: I play in games where only one or two of us are using Hero Labs online in an Org play setting.

I am not looking for a immediate fix, I just want to make sure that there are eyes on this missing part of a character and hopefully is something that will be done in the future. If the plans where to just add it to campaign theater and that is it I want to get across that does not work.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; June 14th, 2020 at 12:19 AM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote