Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

yuri

Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:11 PM
Blood chariot armor bonus (3+) and Armor of Khorne (3+) do not stack up.
This works if a character (in my case Herald of Khorne) is riding a Juggernaut. Armor bonus is showing as 0+ (as it should). But, if I switch the mount to chariot, armor bonus is showing as only 3+ with Armor of Khorne selected.
yuri is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Freedom4556

Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:28 AM
That character when riding the chariot should only be armor 1+ if he is 3+ on foot, as per pg. 64 of the 7th ed. Fantasy rulebook under "Characters & Chariots", which says:
"... Work out damage in the normal manner, except that the character either gains a 2+ bonus for riding the chariot or can use the armor save value of the chariot, whichever is best. ..."
In this case shouldn't that make the character armor 1+ (using the 2+ modifier) since that is better than armor 3+? In either case it seems A.B. is wrong in this instance.
Freedom4556 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
yuri

Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Juggernaut of Khorne (that is pulling the chariot) has a "Brass Behemoth" rule that adds +3 to the amour save (as opposed to regular +1). I could be wrong, but I think the save should be 0+.
yuri is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Freedom4556

Old February 20th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
Juggernaut of Khorne (that is pulling the chariot) has a "Brass Behemoth" rule that adds +3 to the amour save (as opposed to regular +1).
Beats me if this applies to the character in the chariot, but it sounds to me like it wouldn't, unless this is addressed in the Daemon FAQ.
Freedom4556 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Billysqueaky

Old February 21st, 2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri View Post
Juggernaut of Khorne (that is pulling the chariot) has a "Brass Behemoth" rule that adds +3 to the amour save (as opposed to regular +1). I could be wrong, but I think the save should be 0+.
that would be correct if the character were riding the juggernaut. However he is riding the chariot which is generally a 4+ save unless otherwise addressed in the book. the fact that the juggernaut is pulling it does nothing for the save.
Billysqueaky is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
yuri

Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:46 AM
Daemons of Chaos rule book. Page 85. Blood chariot of Khorne armor save is 3+.
Yet, adds only +2 to characters armor save (pg. 64 of the 7th ed. Fantasy rulebook)? Fishy... but true.

Anyhow, this is still an error to be resolved. Right now armor save on the herald of Khorne riding a chariot appears as 3+ either he is armored (armor of Khorne or Obsidian armor) or not.

It seems that if herald is unarmored his armor should be 3+ (which works fine right now).
If herald is wearing armor (armor of Khorne or Obsidian armor (3+)) he should be 1+? This part is not working.

I've checked with other army lists. Seems to be OK wit High Elves and warriors of Chaos.
I think it is also WRONG with Orks and undead. +2 is added to characters armor, without checking is the armor of the chariot is higher. Ex: Unarmored Black Ork on a chariot armor save goes up to 5+ instead of using 4+ armor of the chariot.

Now, the other question is, does this armor bonus remain in close combat or is it only for shooting? It seems to be, that chariots provide armor bonuses only as far as shooting goes and not in close combat.

Last edited by yuri; March 5th, 2010 at 09:59 PM.
yuri is offline   #6 Reply With Quote