Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Araris

Old November 9th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Is it possible to purchase the Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment guide and have it load into the d20 3.5 system?
Araris is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM
No. They are not 100% compatible systems, so even if you could copy a purchased package (which I'm pretty sure you can't) to another system, there's very little chance it would compile. You could, however, manually create a .user file and do a lot of copy and pasting.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Araris

Old November 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Are there any guides on the .user file creation and how to work with the system?
Araris is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Yes. Bodrin and ShadowChemosh both have links to video tutorials on youtube and FAQ pages in their signatures. The Pathfinder forum also has some useful information from Mathias here. Of course, these are all primarily pathfinder-related so not all of it will apply. There is also the community set which you can get info on here. That will have a lot of stuff you can use to copy from. If you get stuck on anything, you can post on the forum for answers. Hope that helps.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old November 14th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I think there was a D20 Equipment guide that the Pathfinder one was created from. The D20 has already been added into the community files (I think)

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefweasel View Post
I think there was a D20 Equipment guide that the Pathfinder one was created from. The D20 has already been added into the community files (I think)
Yes. The Magic Item Compendium. It needs some updating/additions to the scripts, but all the items are there I believe.
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Araris

Old November 14th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I have the community file uploaded. The "Ultimate Equipment" guide that I have has many many more items in it then what is loaded in the d20 base and the community file.

Items such as the belt of incredible dexterity. My DM is using that guide specifically, so that was why I asked about it. I'll look around at the tutorials and see about adding items as they come up.

Thanks.
Araris is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araris View Post
Items such as the belt of incredible dexterity. My DM is using that guide specifically, so that was why I asked about it. I'll look around at the tutorials and see about adding items as they come up.

Thanks.
The Belt of Incredible Dexterity is the same as the Gloves of Dexterity from d20. You could just copy that item, then change the name and slot.
Sendric is offline   #8 Reply With Quote