Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LeeSmith

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:40 PM
How can I set up a variable strength modifier. I am creating the Cambian (semi demon) and it has a variable of 17-18 for Major, and 18-20 for Baron/Marquis. How can I set this up?

Should I create 2 Cambian races? 1 for Major and then another for Baron/Marquis?

BTW, this is in MM II by Gary Gygax, pg 37.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Lee

Last edited by LeeSmith; April 8th, 2012 at 06:58 PM.
LeeSmith is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old April 9th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSmith View Post
How can I set up a variable strength modifier. I am creating the Cambian (semi demon) and it has a variable of 17-18 for Major, and 18-20 for Baron/Marquis. How can I set this up?

Should I create 2 Cambian races? 1 for Major and then another for Baron/Marquis?

BTW, this is in MM II by Gary Gygax, pg 37.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Lee
I don't think HL can do this without the score changing every time you load the creature.

Use a template. It will be easier to add any extra abilities that way, start with the base Cambion (major) then add the (baron) template. Just decide what the strength score is first on your portfolio rather than using a variable.

Also found this on Wikipedia

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 edition (2003-2007)

The cambion appeared again in Necromancer Games's Tome of Horrors Revised PDF (2005).

The cambion demon returns to official Dungeons & Dragons products in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits (2007), including the baron and marquis cambion, which also presents the cambion as a player character race.

So you may be better off using the stat block for D20 rather than AD&D

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community

Last edited by bodrin; April 9th, 2012 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Clarification
bodrin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old April 9th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I can tell you what I've done in the past when I've had this. I do it for Djinni/Noble Djinni. I make a Special, that does not appear in the Specials list of the hero, but does on the Charge list. I label the Charge "Noble" in this case, and write the script that if field[hIsOn1].value is checked, use these stats, otherwise use the stats that the race normally comes with. So, in your case, you would set the Strength value on the Cambian race to be 17-18 (I would just make it 18, which is 8 higher than 10), then the script on the Special to set field[rSTR].value = 10 (10 higher than 10, or a 20). Now your normal Cambian has a Strength of 18, but will increase to 20 when you check the Charge on the In Play tab. That's one way to do it, I've done this to change many things in this manner.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LeeSmith

Old April 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Bodrin & Kendall, thank you both for your help, I'm not to sure what I'll do at this point. I may just make a Race, then in the TEXT add in a blurb about the variables and let it go at that. (Maybe roll dice to get my stats).

Thanks again.
LeeSmith is offline   #4 Reply With Quote