Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Dr_Automaton

Old September 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Something that's become a bit of a nuisance to me is the default position of the toolbar on images and storyboards. Both the underlying object and the toolbar are anchored to upper-left of the frame, resulting in the toolbar always obscuring part of the image until I drag it out of the way, leaving it floating in some random area. I think it would be nice to have the option to have it appear contextually as a tab on the ribbon (similar to some of the newer MS Office interfaces), or otherwise outside of the object's frame. Navigating to the object would cause the new tab to appear and be given focus on the ribbon, while closing it or switching to another topic tab would cause it to vanish.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 13th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Oddly enough, a lot of the options used to be in the ribbon, though not all. Many of the options now in the floating toolbar were in a fixed toolbar near the bottom of the screen. This was revised with the goal of conserving vertical space and increasing visibility. However, I agree they are pretty annoying and I'm looking at ways to improve the situation.

A Ribbon-based solution is high on my list, but Realm Works has a bit of an identity crisis when it comes to how we use it. Rest assured, this problem hasn't escaped my notice.
Joe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote