Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

DannyBoy2k

Old May 5th, 2013, 08:43 AM
He's back again!

For those of you that know what that meant, hi!

So, a quick question for folks, since I haven't been here, or really used HL for more than a year, and have forgotten it all:
I want to add a second stat to AC, beyond Dex. That is, Dex AND other stat. And, at level 2, rather than from the beginning. Any tips on how? Things dun look like they did, and I'm more than a slight bit tearing at what hair I have.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 6th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Have you looked at the Monk's Improved Armor Class class special? You should be able to borrow code from that to accomplish what you need.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old May 6th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Have you looked at the Monk's Improved Armor Class class special? You should be able to borrow code from that to accomplish what you need.
Using that EXCELLENT suggestion, along with an OLD thread of my own with Rob and Colen, I managed to get that to work quite nicely.

Now then...have any suggestions as to how to put a level requirement on my custom abilities?

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM
If the custom ability is for a certain class, can't you just use an expr-req checking:

#levelcount[XXXXXXX] >= Y

where X is the Classes tag that class adds to the hero and Y is the minimum level you want the user to be able to select this ability?
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old May 8th, 2013, 03:57 AM
That....might be a very good idea indeed...now, if you'd explain your thoughts to me in more detail? I'm sorry, but I don't get that at all.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 8th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy2k View Post
That....might be a very good idea indeed...now, if you'd explain your thoughts to me in more detail? I'm sorry, but I don't get that at all.
When you are creating a Custom Ability for a class, you can use the Expr-reqs field to require a level before taking it. It would be the same if creating a feat that requires a certain number of levels in a specific class. Weapon Specialization is a good example of this. The code used there is:

Code:
tagcount[Classes.Fighter] >= 4
Sendric is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old May 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
When you are creating a Custom Ability for a class, you can use the Expr-reqs field to require a level before taking it. It would be the same if creating a feat that requires a certain number of levels in a specific class. Weapon Specialization is a good example of this. The code used there is:
After a bit of fiddling, that worked beautifully! My very great thanks. Now I just need to add the fortyleven damn stances and the like.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!

Last edited by DannyBoy2k; May 8th, 2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: I can neither quote nor spell, it seems...
DannyBoy2k is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old May 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Hmmm...is there any way to add more psionic disciplines? As that's what I'm futzing the maneuvers for the Swordsage as, due to advice from Rob. for PSIONS, there are, apperently, but not psionic, as far as I can tell. As I don't normally play with psionics, I'm not entirely clear on the diffrence, in neither the game nor in HL.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy2k View Post
Hmmm...is there any way to add more psionic disciplines? As that's what I'm futzing the maneuvers for the Swordsage as, due to advice from Rob. for PSIONS, there are, apperently, but not psionic, as far as I can tell. As I don't normally play with psionics, I'm not entirely clear on the diffrence, in neither the game nor in HL.
Are you talking about the different disciplines for psion class? LW did these as separate classes, so the answer to your question of whether more can be made, yes. However, I don't think that's what you're looking for. If that's not what you are asking, then I don't understand the question. I also don't understand what you mean by the differences in the game that aren't clear. A psion is a class. Psionics is just a mechanism (like spell-casting). The psionic tab in the editor is used to create psionic abilities. These are treated the same way as spells are. Perhaps that is what Rob meant. Use the psionic tab to create your maneuvers as if creating spells for the class.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old May 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Use the psionic tab to create your maneuvers as if creating spells for the class.
*nod* I have been. However, each psionic power MUST be of one of...six, or something like, disciplines, none of which the class USE. It's mostly an annoyance, at least so far, but it would have been nice to be able to set it to something of my own, or, failing that, at least 'none'. This is mostly a visual thing, though I WAS also pondering something for higher levels, if it had worked.

-------------
By Lenin's Beard Gel!
DannyBoy2k is offline   #10 Reply With Quote