Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 11th, 2016, 09:37 AM
One of my big pet peeves in the Tactical Console at current, is that the GUI for the popup when hovering over the weapon attacks for the hero always defaults to the melee damage. When a weapon is both a melee weapon and a ranged weapon, it always displays the melee weapon attack value rather than the ranged value. In some cases, this makes perfect sense (hand axes, for example), but in other cases it does not (javelin, for example).

Is there something that can be done editor-wise to add an indicator on which attack value is primarily expected for the Tactical Console GUI? I was employing the wrong attack value on my Giants this past weekend because a rock that was thrown was both an improvised melee weapon as well as a ranged weapon. Unfortunately, the GUI was only listing the melee attack values (with the Strength modifiers instead of the much worse Dexterity modifiers) and I horrifically damaged the PCs by inadvertently using the wrong attack value. I caught it fairly quickly though, as I realized that the attack values seemed really high, so no harm no foul.

I just believe a request is in order to either 1) add the editor setting, or 2) completely separate the ranged/melee attack and damage components on weapons. Since option 2 seems less likely to implement easily, could we at least see something along the lines of option 1?

Thanks for listening. Have a nice day.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote