Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ladyofdragons

Old December 17th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Our group is starting another Pathfinder game, "converting" characters from a 3.5 campaign. We have a sorcerer with a familiar, and the GM is going to use the 3.5 obtain familiar feat to allow him to keep his familiar.

I'm trying to determine how to best have a sorcerer with a familiar in HL so we can work out his familiar stats. Any suggestions? I started creating a copy of the sorcerer to add on the familiar ability, but it seems so needlessly complex. It looks like I have to recreate every bloodline and every bloodline ability in order to adjust the sorcerer. There must be an easier way.
Ladyofdragons is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Try making an archetype whose only effect is to add the familiar to its parent class - that'll work with every bloodline. The feat won't do anything itself - it'll just be text-only, so that it takes up the feat slot.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old December 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Excellent! that worked great. Thanks for your help.
Ladyofdragons is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
KTFish7

Old December 21st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Just added this archetype, and where as the familiar now shows in the specials list for the sorcerer, there is no option anywhere to actually add the familiar, am I missing something?
KTFish7 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM
What archetype? If you mean one you created for yourself, what settings did you use?
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
KTFish7

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:18 PM
created the archetype for the sorcererer class just as you advised, giving it only the ability to add a familiar. It shows up just fine in the class abilities that my player with a sorcerer can know have a familiar, there just doesn't seem to be an option to actually add one.
KTFish7 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2011, 06:19 PM
What settings did you use?
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
KTFish7

Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
not sure if this answers the question for settings or not, but I clicked to add a new archetype in the editor, set the class to modify as sorcerer, under Class Special Abilities I clicked Familiar, set the Player's guide as a source and saved it. When I went in to the character, the archetype was there (I named it Familiar friendly sorcerer), adding it to the character it then shows within the sorcerer class specials (albeit with text flavor that leads me to believe it defaults to an aquatic bard: see pic). But I still cannot figure out how to actually add the familiar to the character sheet. Thank You so much for taking the time to try and help me with this, I really appreciate it.

http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/...reenshot_1.jpg

Last edited by KTFish7; December 22nd, 2011 at 08:33 AM.
KTFish7 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote