Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Negaman

Old September 21st, 2020, 09:24 PM
I'm trying to understand...the advertising says RW works with Herolab which i've been using for years with my D&D 3.5 games. I saw somewhere that I should be able to import date from Herolab into RW.

I'm starting a new campaign for friends and family and thought that I'd give RW a shot, but now I'm confused and more than a little annoyed. Can I import my character portfolios into RW or not for D&D 3.5?
Negaman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 23rd, 2020, 09:36 AM
Currently, you'll need to make use of the 32-bit version of Hero Lab in order to import into Realm Works. If you continue to struggle, you can email support@wolflair.com and they would be happy to walk you through the process.
BJ is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old September 23rd, 2020, 01:13 PM
And no, you didn’t waste the money even if the product is stalling at the moment. RW is the best out there and I tested all.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 24th, 2020, 02:27 PM
RW is great. It's just not as great as it could be which makes us all sad.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 26th, 2020, 07:52 AM
I wasn't involved in the Kickstarter era, so came to Realm Works based largely on videos by Joshua Plunkett/Daplunk.
I didn't see the promises on what the software could have been, during the kickstarter.
My basis for buying the program was with what it could deliver.

On the basis of what the program is currently, more or less, I bought it and it delivers very well.

Sure, I'd like continuing development and improvements over time, but in its current state Realm Works is very capable at what it does -- there aren't any other programs out there that entirely fills its niche... several partially do what it does, but nothing is as good at managing campaigns (or writing novels and tracking the world, plot, characters, locations, etc).

In its current state, RW is an amazing program.
Even with the lack of planned development (at this time, maybe forever...) it is a phenomenal program in the current state.

Lone Wolf has also been superb on customer support, when I've had issues with Hero Lab or Realm Works.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old September 29th, 2020, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Lone Wolf has also been superb on customer support, when I've had issues with Hero Lab or Realm Works.
Not consistently. I no longer use RW, because in the past, I've had to wait weeks, if not months, just to get a status update on whatever ticket I had open. I'm glad your experience has been better, though. Hopefully, they're finally getting their act together.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote