Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gumbytie

Old August 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
So I equipped a character (say Stealth d8) with "Thief's Jerkin" and then pop over to the In-Play tab and check the box for the armor (Stealth Skill Modifier). Here is where you see the mistake.

What should now read Stealth d8+2 is instead Stealth d12. That is incorrect.

According to the Fantasy Companion:
<quote>
"Bonuses can be applied to a single skill (to a maximum of +3) or spread across multiple skills. You can either pick skills or roll randomly on Table 1G, applying a +1 bonus to each skill rolled."

The problem lies in the MI Skills - Stealth Skill Modifier. You Link the skill and it calculates the bonus. So it looks like somehow instead of something like:

~professional bonuses do not stack
perform #traitprof[skStealth,+,2,"Stealth Skill Modifier"]

Which is how I would have to do it to get around problem. it is doing something like:

#traitcreation[skStealth] += 2

Normal users cannot edit and fix something like this so I wanted to just pint it out, cheers
Gumbytie is online now   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 12th, 2012, 09:46 PM
It's set up to act like Boost Trait. There was a reason I set it up this way, but I can't find the notation I used as a basis. (Been looking for a while, driving me a little bit crazy)

Let me see what I can find out.
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gumbytie

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Okay, wanted to read the book again before responding

I wonder if you went with Boost Trait simply because it is a spell effect mentioned in the book? Good to know that is what you did anyways. In your defense as well, pp.53 Table 2F: Powers, 4-7 is Boost Trait (usually Strength or Vigor). I just don't think it applies to Skills, however.

I really think that is a mistake regarding behaviour of magic items, weapons, etc. If you read through the descriptions of the items, say Duelist's Blade (pp.53): It grants +2 to Fighting, +1 damage, and increases the wielder's Parry by +2.

This is supported by pp.52 Table 2C: Fighting Bonus, a separate table just for Fighting skill. If I select that item, instead of seeing Fighting d8 > Fighting d8 +2, I get Fighting d8 > Fighting d12. Which seems way over-powered in any case, with the latter result.

And finally, for armour, pp.50 Table 1G: Skill Bonuses, Bonuses can be applied to a single skill (to a maximum of +3) or spread across multiple skills. You can either pick skills or roll randomly on Table 1G, applying a +1 bonus to each skill rolled.

Again, I appreciate all the work everyone puts in to create these books. Having nearly completed Ragnarok for myself, it is a heck of a feat. And I have a ways to go to get to your skill level

And honestly, that is how I interpret the reading in the rules. But I could be wrong. I just wanted to point it out just in case.
Gumbytie is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old October 24th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I've got this all sorted, so when the next Savage Worlds update rolls out, this will be fixed. I contacted Pinnacle and got the details. You're right, BTW...

The normal Skill bonuses are linear (+1, +2, +3). If you want to alter die types, you need to use the Boost/Lower Trait Power, making it at least a minor artifact. Boost Trait (and Lower Trait) have been expanded to include Skills.

Last edited by CapedCrusader; October 24th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I saw there was an update today, but after downloading it looks like this behavior is still happening, unfortunately.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old November 10th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I'm still working on other pieces, this update hasn't been released yet.
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 18th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Just so I know which way is the right way, what is the Eval Script code you would use to perform each operation?

I'm guessing that for adding a die type to an Attribute it might be something like:

#traitcreation[attrAgi] += 1
or
perform #traitadj[attrAgi,+,1,"Agility Mutation"]

But if I wanted to add a simple Modifier instead, what that be this one?

perform #traitroll[attrAgi,+,1,"Agility Mutation"]

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; December 28th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
zarlor is offline   #7 Reply With Quote