Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mototom

Old July 24th, 2023, 08:25 AM
Is familiar mascot supported in HeroLab? I don't see how they'd pick an ally outside of campaign theater (unless it's just a text field) but I can't even see an option to choose which master ability benefit is given to someone else.
mototom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old July 24th, 2023, 09:05 AM
So it’s something you can choose daily per familiar rules.

“Each day, you channel your magic into two abilities, which can be either familiar or master abilities.“

Currently rebuilding all PFS characters...
haibane is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 24th, 2023, 10:32 AM
I'm not asking how the ability works. I'm asking where you select the ability chosen for Familiar Mascot in HeroLab.
mototom is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
haibane

Old July 24th, 2023, 11:52 AM
Doesn’t make sense to implement it was my point. It’d be like adding a feature that on rest for day has you reprepare spells by dumping your spell book and starting over. Or even more realistically it’d be like choosing who guidance, bless, or other spells were applied to in herolab. I don’t think it makes a ton of sense unless the campaign tool takes off and gets completed.
haibane is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 24th, 2023, 01:44 PM
Maybe you don't understand what I am asking. There is a feat called Familiar Mascot that grants one of your master abilities to someone else. If you select Share Senses, for example, the shared senses go to another PC in your party. If you select Extra Reagents, someone else gets them. You no longer get them.

So even if we don't have a mechanism to show who has the benefit, the benefit should NOT be showing on the actual owner of the familiar.Currently, the only way to represent this in HLO that I can see is to not select the master ability on the familiar owner and just leave the error that you can choose another master ability.
mototom is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 24th, 2023, 04:47 PM
Something like a check-box to indicate, "Ability granted to party member?"
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 24th, 2023, 05:27 PM
I think the right way within the HeroLab approach would be a configuration on the Familiar Mascot feat where you select one of your chosen master abilities. The main thing is to show that you've selected all the master/familiar abilities you need to, but not show abilities/actions on the sheet from the one you've given away.

Like Share Senses shows a Share Senses action on the Play tab. Cantrip Connection adds a cantrip slot to your daily spells. But if it's selected for Familiar Mascot, that shouldn't happen.
mototom is offline   #7 Reply With Quote