Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EmptyOwl

Old November 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
The Adept edge now requires Martial Artist in addition to the other requirements, as per http://www.peginc.com/freebies/SWcor...tes_Errata.pdf. How would one change this or will it be changed by LWD?
EmptyOwl is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 7th, 2012, 05:43 AM
LWD may make the fix, but to do it on your own go to Tools -> Launch Editor.

If you already have a .user file you can add it to there or you can just create a new one (File -> New Data File... give it whatever.user name you want.) Go to the "Edge" tab, select "New (Copy)" and select "Adept (edgAdept)" from the list. Put in something for a UniqueID (Like edgAdept1, maybe) Then you can modify the text if you like. Next select "Pick-reqs" where you will "Click to add a new requirement" that looks just like the one above it, except that you can "Choose" and scroll down to "Martial Artist (edgMartia1)" or if you already knew that name you could just type in edgMartia1 into the field without having to choose it.

Next in the "Replaces Thing ID" field type in the original Adept edge ID, in this case edgAdept.

Hit "Save" and then "Test Now!" up at the top and it should now only be selectable by a character if they match the new requirement.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EmptyOwl

Old November 7th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Thanks, your instructions were very helpful!

Say I wanted to replace Climbing & Swimming with one skill: Athletics. Can I put multiple things in the "Replaces Thing ID" field?

Last edited by EmptyOwl; November 7th, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
EmptyOwl is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 8th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I don't think so, but someone with more knowledge might now better than me on that front.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 10th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I'll check on this tomorrow.
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 31st, 2012, 12:16 PM
This is fixed in the next update.
CapedCrusader is offline   #6 Reply With Quote