Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

Deadeas

Old April 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM
The 4e Data Downloader had this error pop up the first time I started it to download my data files.
Any idea on how to fix it? I'd like to use the 4e Character Editor.
Deadeas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 21st, 2011, 08:47 PM
Lone Wolf Development is currently working on a new version of the downloader, which should be ready in a few days time. Please be patient. The old downloader will not work. Everytime WOTC updates the Compendium, which is where the Downloader digs the information out of, this happens. WOTC has been rearranging the compendium with each monthly update and keeping the Lone Wolf Team here very busy reworking the downloader each month. Please see the Downloader update thread posted by Colen for more details if you need them.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Deadeas

Old April 21st, 2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Lone Wolf Development is currently working on a new version of the downloader, which should be ready in a few days time. Please be patient. The old downloader will not work. Everytime WOTC updates the Compendium, which is where the Downloader digs the information out of, this happens. WOTC has been rearranging the compendium with each monthly update and keeping the Lone Wolf Team here very busy reworking the downloader each month. Please see the Downloader update thread posted by Colen for more details if you need them.
Ah. Thank you.
Deadeas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah It is a bit annoying, but Lone Wolf does know about the issues compendium brings in when they update it and they do work hard to keep the downloader up to date.
I am hoping we get Heroes of Shadow with this download.
RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Unfortunately the Compendium no longer includes data past level 1 for any of the Essentials classes. The update for this month says that the information will be added back in in a future update, but for now there is no way for the downloader to get the information for Essentials classes, even the ones that were supported last month.

So unfortunately no Heroes of Shadow this month. Sorry
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 25th, 2011, 01:42 PM
As irritating as it is... there are other things we still need to get working in hero lab anyway so I'm not even mad. I did notice that the tome magic items are supposed to award a wizard with additional powers, and those powers are not added when the tome is selected as a magic item. Whenever a wizard picks up a new tome he or she is supposed to gain new spell book spells from it.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 5th, 2011, 05:18 PM
RavenX, I'm not familiar with those rules - I thought wizards just got new spells as they levelled like any other classes? Can you point me to where the tome rules are defined?
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote