Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

jfrazierjr

Old July 13th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
@CubGeek: You're absolutely correct that adding those missing sections would be extremely helpful. Same with updating the entire wiki to reflect the various extensions that have been added to Hero Lab over the past few years. The challenge we face is time. Doing all that would require *MONTHS* of work - literally, that's not an exaggeration. That's time focused on supporting a small number of users and that's not spent adding new features or working on data files that will support thousands of users. So it's a no-win situation for us, and we've opted to tackle questions on the forums about those areas when data file creators encounter issues that aren't covered in the wiki. Is that a "good" solution? Definitely not. But it's the best we've managed that juggles the two competing demands for our time.
Then why don't you hand pick a small group of active and dedicated end users who you can trust to have access to edit in your stead? I have seen ShadowChemosh answer tons of questions and he seems extremely knowledgeable and that's just a singular example, I am sure there are others. I am not talking about 60 people, but perhaps 5-10 people.

Hell, even if for some odd reason you CANNOT do that, could you have those people prepare content for one of your employees to spend the 5 minutes to edit specific pages? I know someone reported some incorrect instructions a few months ago, a simple sentence which should take 3 minutes to update(I don't remember the exact details off the top of my head).

Copy/paste + formatting something others create (for the missing sections) would take what? 15 minutes per page and they don't all have to be done at the same time. While adding a paragraph submitted by knowledgeable forum users whom you trust would take what, 45 seconds?
jfrazierjr is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 13th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately it would still take a long time because for LWD to sign off on content from end users they'd have to have someone review everything to make sure it was all correct. That will take more than 5 minutes. I wouldn't complain about a fan project working on it. Possibly via using like a github wiki, but it wouldn't be official. If LWD doesn't have a problem with that kind of thing, maybe something can be worked out.
AndrewD2 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote