Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tabris

Send a message via MSN to Tabris

Old May 12th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I'm converting the Mage of The Arcane Order PrC from 3.5's supplement Complete Arcane to Hero Lab's Pathfinder Data Set and stumbled upon a problem. At third level and again at 6th the character gains a bonus language. Not an specific language but he gets to pick another language. Somebody can give me a help into scripting that?
Tabris is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 12th, 2011, 02:43 PM
The Loremaster prestige class adds bonus languages at 4th and 8th level. Have you tried borrowing its abilities?

The ability is called "Bonus Language" - so, in the list of class specials for your class, add a copy of it at 3rd level, and a second copy at 6th level.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tabris

Old May 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The Loremaster prestige class adds bonus languages at 4th and 8th level. Have you tried borrowing its abilities?

The ability is called "Bonus Language" - so, in the list of class specials for your class, add a copy of it at 3rd level, and a second copy at 6th level.
How did i lost it?

Thanks. Problem solved.

As another question. I adapted Spellpool as just the description of the power as it does not have effects that could actually change the sheet. But i was thinking if it is possible to make it a Trackable Resource. So the player can just check the boxes for the spell levels he already spent.
Tabris is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 12th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
As another question. I adapted Spellpool as just the description of the power as it does not have effects that could actually change the sheet. But i was thinking if it is possible to make it a Trackable Resource. So the player can just check the boxes for the spell levels he already spent.
I'm sorry, but I don't own the book you're adding content from. You'll have to explain what the ability does for me to be able to help you figure out how to implement it.

On the Class Special tab, you'll find the "Tracked Resources" section about a third of the way into the list. That's how you could go about telling Hero Lab that you want this class special to show up in the Tracked Resources list on the In-Play tab. If the size of the tracker varies, think of other class specials that vary in the same way, then make temporary copies of them in the editor, in order to study how they set their uses to that pattern.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Tabris

Old May 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't own the book you're adding content from. You'll have to explain what the ability does for me to be able to help you figure out how to implement it.

On the Class Special tab, you'll find the "Tracked Resources" section about a third of the way into the list. That's how you could go about telling Hero Lab that you want this class special to show up in the Tracked Resources list on the In-Play tab. If the size of the tracker varies, think of other class specials that vary in the same way, then make temporary copies of them in the editor, in order to study how they set their uses to that pattern.
Thanks for the help.

The ability makes the Mage able to "borrow" spells from a pool of pure arcane energy. Summing the levels of all spells he borrow it can't get pass half his caster level. So the number of squares to be checked should be half his caster level.
Tabris is offline   #5 Reply With Quote