Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

DragonCrafter

Old October 30th, 2015, 08:37 PM
It's clear that lone wolf is biased about this - look at the newsletter:
"If you’re playing Kings of War 2nd Edition to satisfy your need for a good fantasy miniatures game, we have some great news!"

No, we have been playing a GREAT fantasy game, Age of Sigmar, about a couple times a week, and having a fantastic time, all "need" satisfied, and we have no desire to go backwards. We have already increased the community here in NYC from a dismal death spiral to worrying about if we have enough tables to cover all the people.

All the many games you support, and this is clearly some sort of emotional outburst, and you will lose customers, but maybe you don't care.

It's one small part of Army Builder to sum the points. There was an opportunity here to provide different roster breakdowns, summary reports would be extremely useful. The comments above are disappointing. I would have loved to use army builder to set up my armies, get a summary, etc., and recommend it to my friends so we can review our rosters easily - the same way we used it for 8th edition.

I guess it's pointless, you clearly have made up your mind to ignore a game that is growing in popularity every day - I'll delete my Army Builder, unfortunately I cannot get a refund on the three licenses I had bought.
DragonCrafter is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old October 30th, 2015, 09:30 PM
Again, Lone Wolf has nothing to do with what games are supported. They make a file system. All game files are created by players who want to support something they play and make it easier for other players. If there are no AoS players that feel it is needed and are willing to do the work than there will be no file. If you want an AoS file set for Army builder than make one.

Your choice, not LWDs.
Tekwych is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old October 31st, 2015, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCrafter View Post
It's clear that lone wolf is biased about this - look at the newsletter:
It's one small part of Army Builder to sum the points. There was an opportunity here to provide different roster breakdowns, summary reports would be extremely useful. The comments above are disappointing. I would have loved to use army builder to set up my armies, get a summary, etc., and recommend it to my friends so we can review our rosters easily - the same way we used it for 8th edition.

I guess it's pointless, you clearly have made up your mind to ignore a game that is growing in popularity every day - I'll delete my Army Builder, unfortunately I cannot get a refund on the three licenses I had bought.
As a file designer, I am not going to write a game file for a game that "I Refuse to play" I have for a long time just taken what GW has dished out since 5th Edition heck even dropped several hundred(s) of $$$ building this really new army they came up with called Dogs of War. Well then came 6th and well we got this short PDF that said oh hey here simple rules and stats to tide you over until we get your army book out. Then we moved forward into 7th Ed and well some armies got book, well most did. But the meta changed what was a good combat block of 20 guys now needed to be like 30+ in case you ran into a large fear causing unit and auto routed if they had a higher unit strength then you. Then along rolls 8th and they go ok we see an error in our ways but then the meta of Monsterous Infantry and attacks from rear ranks if if you had been luck to have killed off all the front line warriors what could attack. Then all the drop of the "End Times" here buy these $60+ books that opps had a shelf life of less then 1 year followed by this new game. Its not the same as the old game.

If anyone wants a simple course just open the generic dataset that army builder install by default and look at how its coded in ABcreator, you can with some short learning curve create a new dataset, I for one just won't.

So end rant, I am fully vested in being a WF8 player and not an AoS player. I really think that now several events are looking at home brew rules just to make AoS a tournamanet event playable game is just foolish.

Ed
EdSteiner is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ancelica

Old November 1st, 2015, 02:55 AM
+1 Ed

A
Ancelica is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Kaput

Send a message via Skype™ to Kaput

Old December 1st, 2015, 02:37 PM
I absolutely agree. If the traditional file designers don't want to do this file, it's time for a new generation of designers to appear. I know nothing about designing this files, but I can learn. The question is, if Wolflair have a manual or something from where learn.
Kaput is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old December 7th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaput View Post
I absolutely agree. If the traditional file designers don't want to do this file, it's time for a new generation of designers to appear. I know nothing about designing this files, but I can learn. The question is, if Wolflair have a manual or something from where learn.
Yes you can try looking at how the sample fileset is done, and then just tinker.
EdSteiner is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
DragonCrafter

Old December 24th, 2015, 09:42 PM
My apologies. I thought you were affiliated with Lone Wolf, and that email from Lone Wolf suggested the company decided they won't support this.

Of course, no one should be working on a game they are not interested in supporting.

There have been so many negative people - just last week some guy walked up to the table where we were having a great game and loudly declare that the game is stupid and infantile... who comes to players gaming table and criticizes their game? When did this become acceptable behavior?

We've been playing every week here in New York City and having a great time with the game. However it would be hugely helpful to have a list builder, even if the points are models, wounds, or some other system. The comparison would be beneficial. I will see if I can do something with the data files, and again, my apologies.
DragonCrafter is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old December 25th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaput View Post
I know nothing about designing this files, but I can learn. The question is, if Wolflair have a manual or something from where learn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCrafter View Post
I will see if I can do something with the data files, and again, my apologies.
Thank you for your responses. If you buy the Savage Worlds License you also get an Authoring kit with blank starter files and a (very basic) manual. From there you Help menu becomes a close friend.

When you hit a wall (we all do) hit the boards and ask questions, usually in the HL general section, and as a community we will help each other find the answer(s).

Have fun with this new way of interacting with the game and the program.
Tekwych is offline   #18 Reply With Quote