Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

John_corbett_1979

Old July 18th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. I could not find a thread about it using the built in search function. I was just wondering if there was plans to have army builder rules set up for Age Of Sigmar. I hoping so, but want to make sure.
John_corbett_1979 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DragonCrafter

Old July 24th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Hi, likewise, waiting for data files for the Age of Sigmar. WE NEED ARMY BUILDER TO SAVE THE DAY.
A summary of unit stats would be incredibly helpful, as they have gone to a "no points" format.

The following site has all the raw data in spreadsheets. I do not agree with their point system calculations, however I greatly commend the effort.

Many people are using a raw wound count as a starting point, and using the keywords of HERO, WAR MACHINE and MONSTER as the main "composition". WIZARD.

https://sites.google.com/site/ageofsigmarsdk/downloads

This is a great opportunity for Army Builder to fill a very large void.
DragonCrafter is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DragonCrafter

Old August 19th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I saw a post about waiting at least 4 weeks. So it seems like months have passed, but I guess AoS is only a few weeks old!

My comment is about "points". Officially Games Workshop goes by "models" - which I would recommend as your official points as well. So #models = points as per rule.

The big help that Army Builder can provide is the army summary. You can show heroes/monsters/wizards and other keyword totals.

If you can also provide a total of wounds/attacks, etc. This will allow players to choose their own balancing method without making any assumptions about how to do it.

Finally, the biggest issue we have in games is having a simple summary sheet that Army Builder gives! Flipping around just to find out that a certain model moves 7 instead of 8 is the biggest slowdown of an otherwise great game.
DragonCrafter is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DragonCrafter

Old August 19th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I would also recommend adding a "summon" category. I believe you did something similar with Storm of Magic with a "binding scroll".

Again, without having to try and determine how summoning will be handled, it will be nice to simply provide a way to show your summon plans on your summary list.

GW has left a lot of this open, and I know players have dozens of complex "systems" that frankly I would not recommend. But it might be helpful to have some thread of suggestions to help with some of these gray areas. As you see from above, I would recommend keeping it simple as possible, but adding a "summon" category (or perhaps call it "off table" to be even more generic) is something that we all need.

thanks!
DragonCrafter is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MelesSqr

Old August 25th, 2015, 04:57 PM
What, exactly, would Army Builder do with Age of Sigmar?
There are no army building rules to implement.
MelesSqr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old August 28th, 2015, 12:22 PM
Yeah, the point of Army builder was to build and validate rosters, in AoS there is not rules.
EdSteiner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
John_corbett_1979

Old September 10th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Having army builder support it would mean being able to compile your warscrolls in one list and print them out in one page so you can have a handy list of your units. Their stats. And their abilities. Seems like it would be dead handy to me.

As for their being no rules. You are confusing rules with army building requirements. There are 4 pages of main rules for AoS. And hundreds? of scrolls. All with special rules of their own. Would be great to be able to generate a sheet with all this handily in one place instead of having to look it all up on the fly. Army builder has always been great for that.

Also. Would be a good way to easily track things like total wounds, number of heros, warmachines, monsters in the list. Etc. Since it seems to be the way people are making comp now.
John_corbett_1979 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ancelica

Old September 16th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Isn't that what the AoS app is for?...

A
Ancelica is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old September 22nd, 2015, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancelica View Post

A
+1
Ed
EdSteiner is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Anpu42

Old September 27th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancelica View Post

A
Some of us do not have devices that support the AoS app.
Anpu42 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote