Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Guchi

Old February 10th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Just a quick one, when upgrading skeleton units with a champion the cost of the unit increases by +5 points rather than +10
You can verify this by adding a 10 man unit (50 points) then adding a champion (upgrade for 10 points. when it takes a model from the main unit, its just charging for the upgrade rather than the whole thing) it should be 60 points, but it is 55. Checked the other units with champion options, they seem fine.
Guchi is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Guchi

Old February 10th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Oop, just found another. When taking the nightshroud a vampire should be able to take normal armour as well since it does not take up a light or heavy armour slot. Currently it generates a too many pieces of armour worn error.
Check by taking a basic vampire lord and adding heavy armour and then nightshroud.

- Edit Biting blade should be 10 points now, same as the rulebook, i think this one is a hang over from the old entry
- Edit Enchanted Shield too, its the old exception hanging around in the generic file.

- Wight kings can currently take arcane items, pretty sure this isn't the case.
On wights the old wight magic weapons text is still there, they just have ordinary killing blow now, regardless of weapon now.
Wight kings shield is selected by default

I've fixed Horses issue too.

Since im fixing this mostly as I go along, would you (Ultraprime) like a copy of my edited files after i've finished with it? might save you some time.

Last edited by Guchi; February 10th, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Guchi is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Horse

Old February 10th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Great job on the vamps, I am so happy to see them on the AB, I'm going to edit this post with any bugs I see

the Vampire Lord is listed as 205 points, in the book, he is 220

It also gives him the option to have a terrorgheist as a mount, only the Strigoi can take it

Enchanted Shield is marked as 15 points, should be 5.

Adding spears to Skeleton blocks adds an extra point to the unit costs.

Last edited by Horse; February 10th, 2012 at 10:08 AM.
Horse is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Horse

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Guchi;73639

I've fixed Horses issue too.

Since im fixing this mostly as I go along, would you (Ultraprime) like a copy of my edited files after i've finished with it? might save you some time.[/QUOTE]

wicked, do you think you'd be able to share the files once it gets fixed up?
Horse is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Guchi

Old February 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I don't see why not.
Scratch that, found the spear bug!I can't replicate the skeletons adding points for spears though, can you double check that?

Added the spear to the Corpsemaster on the corpse cart (have altered it so it doesn't appear on the Engine as well heh)

Found a bug with the hell knights options not being quite right. (being charged 4 points for barding and none for lance)

Wight kings lance was costing 4, not the 5 it should be.

Last edited by Guchi; February 10th, 2012 at 11:12 AM.
Guchi is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Guchi

Old February 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I've uploaded the files to my public dropbox

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18656470/Vam...s%20bugfix.zip

Be aware that I may have broken something terribly with these files, so as far as support, you are on your own!

You want to import the .ab file. I've included the .dat files for UltraPrime if he wants to use them.

Just to be clear, all i've done is learned how to use abcreator today and changed some values, all credit is due to UltraPrime. If my changes do end up in the official release, im not bothered about credit, its all yours. Hopefully I've saved UltraPrime some time.

I've not changed the version number, so it should be replaced normally by the next official version.

Bugs fixed:

The corpse cart has now the option for a spear for 1 point - this option is not showed. - thanks Skaby
Skeleton champions were being undercosted
Nightshroud not interacting with normal armour properly
Common magic item mis-pricings
Wight kings being able to take Arcane Items
Wight Kings Shield option being on by default
Wights having old text for wight weapons
Vampire lords displaying incorrect points (was being calculated correctly) - Thanks Horse
Vampire lords being able to ride Terrorgheists - Thanks Horse
Skeleton champion paying for his Spear - Thanks Horse
Hell Knight Lance and Barding costs incorrect
Wight Kings Lance cost 4 not 5

Last edited by Guchi; February 10th, 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added bug list from 2.40
Guchi is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old February 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Great work. I've re-uploaded file with Guchi's changes

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
hiddensnake

Old February 10th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Vampires are 105 points now, listed as 100 points.
hiddensnake is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Kintaro

Old February 11th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddensnake View Post
Vampires are 105 points now, listed as 100 points.
But when you add one, it's calculating properly. It's the listing at the top that's showing as 100 instead of 105.

Also, the book allows a Wight King to take MAGIC items....why is the ARCANE ITEMS option removed?

EDIT : Found another (slight) one : When creating a unit of CAIRN WRAITHS with one converted to a TOMB BANSHEE, the cost of the Tomb Banshee is calculated out correctly, but the sub-listing is showing as [75] when it should be [25].

Last edited by Kintaro; February 11th, 2012 at 03:04 AM.
Kintaro is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old February 11th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintaro View Post
But when you add one, it's calculating properly. It's the listing at the top that's showing as 100 instead of 105.
Doh! Fixed for next release.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #30 Reply With Quote