Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

gkgnight

Old July 14th, 2011, 04:11 PM
instead of creating a new composition to display you could create a new tag for SoM adn then in the rules create a rule to add up all units with the SoM tag and check to see if its then within valid range. That way you'll be able to keep them in the same file. Just don't assign a designation to the SoM units.

AB files currently know what composition something is because they are given the rare, special, core, etc... tags. Thus if the SoM have no tag but SoM then they won't count against any allowance.

Then if a unit can have BOTH a SoM and a normal army selection you can make the option in the unit to take it as an SoM unit ... like with choosing weapons. That SoM option would delete the units current composition tag and assign it as the SoM tag.

That logic should fix your issue. (and make SoM displaying of units a rules otion, like showing forge world, etc...)
gkgnight is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old July 14th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Good point. I can't see how to do it at moment, but I'm sure it will come to me . For now, I'm going to carry on as a seperate file. This will make it useable for now, and I can integrate it fully later - nothing I am doing at the moment will make this any more complicated.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old July 16th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Are you going to be working under the impression that you can give Mythic Artifacts to Daemons Ultra?
Arijharn is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 16th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
Are you going to be working under the impression that you can give Mythic Artifacts to Daemons Ultra?
Who you give items to isn't currently covered by files, as they will be two seperate lists. So I dodge a bullet there...

Edit - but my personal opinion is Mythic Artefacts can only be given to characters who can choose items of that type in the first place. By time I get round to integrating files, I hope for a FAQ. I'm currently inputting Monster stats. I can't explain how mind-numbing this process is....

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)

Last edited by UltraPrime; July 16th, 2011 at 02:35 AM.
UltraPrime is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 16th, 2011, 04:06 AM
What give you that impression?
That the army buys them and not the character, or that they can be given to any character as long as they don't already have an item of the same type?

There is no rule anywhere in Warhammer: Daemons of Chaos that says "Daemons may not take magic items" or equivalent - just a lack of an allowance to do so, which is mooted by the SoM rules creating an additional allowance for exactly this purpose. Nor is there any rule in SoM that says "your character may only have a mythic artefact if it could have taken a normal item of the same type."
Mr_Rose is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 16th, 2011, 04:23 AM
I'll admit, I've not given any thought to it. That was my initial impression upon reading the book, but as you say nothing actually prevents it. I won't have time to actually play SoM for a couple of weeks - then my mind will be more towards actual game mechanics.

UltraPrime is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old July 16th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Wow that sounded snippy, didn't it?
Sorry, just got done dealing with a related issue regarding spells and someone claiming that every wizard automatically became a Loremaster in SoM and, yeah...

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 16th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rose View Post
Wow that sounded snippy, didn't it?
Sorry, just got done dealing with a related issue regarding spells and someone claiming that every wizard automatically became a Loremaster in SoM and, yeah...
Not at all. I really haven't thought about it much. Though the thought of a Bloodthirster with a Dawnstar Sword gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.....

UltraPrime is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old July 16th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
Not at all. I really haven't thought about it much. Though the thought of a Bloodthirster with a Dawnstar Sword gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.....
Um... funny story. I tried that today at my local GW.

BT + Dark Insanity + Dawnstar Sword. I got super lucky and triggered 14 attacks (*2 because Dark Insanity is a random element, which is why I could get 14 in the first place. At least, the manager let me get away with it), which managed to wound every single strike, and then I got 6 for Thunderstomp that wounded as well.

Khorne truly, truly favoured me then, because I killed 33 Dark Elves (from a horde of 40) in a single round, they panicked and fled, I pursued and killed them all.

And that wasn't with Equilibrium or Dominance.
Arijharn is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old July 17th, 2011, 01:52 AM
As I've got to entering stats for the Greater Daemons, and their Troop Type is Character, I've now changed my mind - Bloodthirsters with magic items all the way!

UltraPrime is offline   #20 Reply With Quote