Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Supergeek

Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hi Guys, I hope this is the right place to list these. If not let me know.

I was just doing up a lizardmen list and noticed a couple of things.

In the print out, where it lists the details of all the weapons, Javelins are listed as 8" range. In the Big book, Javelins are listed as 12".

Also in the latest Lizardmen FAQ, Horned ones are no longer count as a magic Item but are now a cavalry mount. Would it be possible to get it added underneath the cold ones on the character section, so their stats show up the same as a horned one. Also I should now be able to select one of these for all my heroes(if I wanted)

Again, I hope I've done this correctly as I don't want to annoy the excellent people who maintain these files
cheers
Matt
Supergeek is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergeek View Post
Hi Guys, I hope this is the right place to list these. If not let me know.

I was just doing up a lizardmen list and noticed a couple of things.

In the print out, where it lists the details of all the weapons, Javelins are listed as 8" range. In the Big book, Javelins are listed as 12".

Also in the latest Lizardmen FAQ, Horned ones are no longer count as a magic Item but are now a cavalry mount. Would it be possible to get it added underneath the cold ones on the character section, so their stats show up the same as a horned one. Also I should now be able to select one of these for all my heroes(if I wanted)

Again, I hope I've done this correctly as I don't want to annoy the excellent people who maintain these files
cheers
Matt
thanks for your post, ill look into the issue this weekend.
gkgnight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old March 3rd, 2011, 03:05 AM
Regarding that last part; the FAQ does not make Horned Ones a simple mount option. It says they don't count as a magic item for rules purposes, not that they aren't bought from the magic items list or that they no longer cost "magic item points" or similar.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Supergeek

Old March 4th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Fair point Mr Rose. What I am trying to get at, is that multiple characters should be able to select a horned one, given that the aren't magic items for rules purposes and therefore aren't affected by the rule that forbids duplicate magic items.

I'd also like the stats for my horned one to appear in the same manner as a regular cold one. Of course I could be wrong on all counts
Supergeek is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old March 15th, 2011, 02:20 PM
No, they are magic items. What it means by 'not counted as for rules purposes' is if you have an item that nullifies other magic items, the Horned One would not be affected by this. All other rules still apply.
UltraPrime is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Benny6Toes

Old September 20th, 2011, 06:12 PM
As a follow-up to the Horned One bug already reported, it should grant the rider an armor save but does not. Added to a scar-vet it would grant a final save of 3+, oldblood ends with a 2+, and a skink would get a 5+.

I've also found that...
1) Slaan Mage Priests are unable to add magic weapons, but they should be able to (they are restricted from armor; not weapons).

2) You list Chameleon Skinks as being able to deploy within 12" of an enemy, but this is no longer the case.

3) Shields are shown to grant a 6+ ward save even when the character has a magic weapon (single or paired) or an extra hand weapon
Benny6Toes is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Biscuit

Old October 30th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Hi,

I've just spent 15 minutes updating the descriptions for the Lizardmen.dat to FAQ 1.4. Do you want a copy?
Biscuit is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Daeghrefn

Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:56 PM
I noticed a slight issue with magic armor; the 8th edition book allows characters to take both a magic shield and some other (non shield) form of magic armor. Doing this in the current army builder file causes a "Too many magic items worn" error.

Also, this may have been mentioned before but the last reply here was several months back - the Horned One should add to the character's armor save in the same manner that the Cold One does.
Thanks for your hard work!
Daeghrefn is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mwisnefsky

Old February 13th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Gents,

Thanks for your work on this - I do believe that the restriction against wizards wielding magical weapons has been lifted in this ruleset though. Currently I cannot give my slann a magic weapon. And I believe this is something i desire and my enemies fear
mwisnefsky is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old March 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwisnefsky View Post
Gents,

Thanks for your work on this - I do believe that the restriction against wizards wielding magical weapons has been lifted in this ruleset though. Currently I cannot give my slann a magic weapon. And I believe this is something i desire and my enemies fear
Fixed.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #10 Reply With Quote