Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Shane

Old February 4th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I was wondering where the rules for this particular ruleset came from. I have the old PDF and there are lots of the things added to and updated in the army selection on armybuilder. Anyone have a clue where War College came from?
Shane is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 4th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Most of the data is culled from the dogsofwaronline.com independant sourcebook. Others have been generated using older publications and White Dwarf magizine using current model and rules adjustment and/or then editors best guess.

Comments Welcome
EdSteiner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
paladin2019

Old March 14th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
Most of the data is culled from the dogsofwaronline.com independant sourcebook. Others have been generated using older publications and White Dwarf magizine using current model and rules adjustment and/or then editors best guess.
Yeah, don't do that. Include the actual stats and costs as published by GW or the dataset is useless. I'm currently better off with an excel version of GW roster pads.
paladin2019 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old March 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM
If you have read the Data file notes when you select it.

It states the following

{B}Dogs of War Notes{/B}

{B}Data Sources{/B}: All Stock DoW/RoR files from the {B}{I}6th Edition PDF{/I}{/B} are available by ensuring that the {B}Allow Unofficial Units{/B} is {B}UN{/B}selected.

{B}{I}The Indy GT Armybook Dogs of War and Regiment of Renown Sourcebooks Version 4.0 & FAQ 1.02{/I}{/B} from www.dogsofwaronline.com are available by selecting {B}Allow Unofficial Units{/B}. Additional source materials have been added to {B}Allow Unofficial Units{/B}. They have culled from other out-of-print or dated sources using basic point values from other Games Workshop Armybooks and/or then this editors best guess.

I suspect that you failed to read that important note before you posted. Thank you for you prompt review of this matter.
EdSteiner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old July 31st, 2012, 09:30 AM
DoW Indy GT 4.1 book now in the Allow Unofficial Units selection in the newest update. All roster validations now work minus the trait limit choices. Enjoy
EdSteiner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote