Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

EdSteiner

Old May 4th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Release Notes: Be sure to print or remember your roster builds as many saved rosters will not work. You can of course re-create them, unless they were illegal builds and I finally caught them with rules validations.

• Major revision of how Storm of Magic and Siege is handled within the scope of the roster for validation.
USING STORM OF MAGIC:
To use the Storm of Magic Expansion with Bound Monsters, Mythical Artifacts & Sorcerous Pacts in your army list you must enable "Allow Storm of Magic Expansion" when selection your roster special rules. You can select them under the 'Sorcerous Pact', 'Mythic Artifacts' or 'Bound Monsters' tab when creating your roster. They will add their points value to your roster that will not affect your army composition build requirements.
USING SIEGE RULES:
To use the Siege Units in your army list you must enable "Allow Siege Expansion" when selection your roster special rules. You can select them under the 'Siege' tab when creating your roster. They will add their points value to your roster that will not affect your army composition build requirements.
• Army Review - Beastmen & Bretonnia.
• All Formations from End Times Book IV & V can be taken as Allies by using the Allies feature in AB.
• Other minor bugfixes and improvements.

Please if you find a bug or text error please try and cite the error and provide a book page reference or in the case of FAQ errata, cite the army FAQ and so forth.

If you find a programming error, IE (Something does not work) give an example on how to recreate the glitch.

You can use either the auto-update feature or DL manually from dl.dropbox.com/s/3moz2vnt53zcz7x/WF8_2.93.ab
EdSteiner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bordercount

Old May 16th, 2015, 05:07 AM
Adding Storm of Magic bound monsters is currently affecting overall army value, which subsequently ups the minimum required points of Core units.
bordercount is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old May 16th, 2015, 11:08 AM
No it doesn't count at all, example create a 2000 point army. Then just add into your som stuff it will add its value into a grey number. Pm me back if you dont follow and I can send you a rest example.
EdSteiner is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
bordercount

Old May 24th, 2015, 06:48 AM
I think it might be due to playing with a roster created under a previous version. New rosters seem to work as intended.

EDIT: It only works that way creating a roster using a set points value. When working on an unlimited points roster, adding bound monsters increases the Core requirement. Thinking further, this probably isn't a bug but rather a limitation of AB; I've been curious about big an army I can make using the 'Unbound' rules in ET: Archaon.

Last edited by bordercount; May 24th, 2015 at 06:52 AM.
bordercount is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old May 24th, 2015, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordercount View Post
I think it might be due to playing with a roster created under a previous version. New rosters seem to work as intended.

EDIT: It only works that way creating a roster using a set points value. When working on an unlimited points roster, adding bound monsters increases the Core requirement. Thinking further, this probably isn't a bug but rather a limitation of AB; I've been curious about big an army I can make using the 'Unbound' rules in ET: Archaon.
I am still attempting to find out away to deal with the removal of what is the core of AB datafiles (restrictions to keep rosters valid) and by removal of that concept causes alot of other things to fail to work. Example, when you tell the system to stop looking for things to be valid then it does flag the same magic item twice or when you have a hard limit of 0-1 for special type units and so forth.
EdSteiner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DragonCrafter

Old June 25th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Hi, I just posted under the Storm of Magic thread, but I noticed the discussion here. Basically it is about adding the Monstrous Arcanum units - the rules are now available FREE on the forgeworld site: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/fwDownloads

The other comment was that I noticed in the official Warhammer World event they said these can be included as Special choices. And finally, a nice concept is to take a look at the monster table in the above link, and allow a way to let monsters with "Kinship" appear as Special choices.

I haven't used the utilities in Army Builder, but I am a programmer, and would be happy to get the data added if you are interested in adding the Monstrous Arcanum units.
DragonCrafter is offline   #6 Reply With Quote