Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

lolbat

Old May 8th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Was your license activated on the mac at the time? With no license, rosters can't be saved, so there's no prompt to ask whether you want to discard the current roster. If you have a license installed, it should ask as normal.
The app is activated.

I can't duplicate the issue now. I suspect that I am starting to get used to the visual feedback in either the window title or the close/min/max buttons.

I'll watch for this some more but it might just be a case of me assuming that the file isn't saved for visual reasons.
lolbat is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
lolbat

Old May 8th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
That's odd - can you post a PDF with the problem here? What version of OS X are you using?
OS X 10.7.3

File with error is attached.

I tried changing from Game Default settings to Portrait and that didn't work. Printing in Landscape works as expected.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Army Builder - 3000 pt Eldar error.pdf (156.5 KB, 2 views)
lolbat is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
lolbat

Old May 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Trying to delete a Child unit (like a Warlock in a Seer Council in 40K) will not work when you hit the Delete key. You need to select the unit and right click and select Delete from the contextual menu in order to get rid of it.
lolbat is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Please do the following:

1) Go to Tools -> Diagnostics and check "Enable Debug Tracing".

2) Restart Army Builder.

3) Try to print the roster again - presumably you'll get the same display problems.

4) Go to Tools -> Explore Folders -> Program Data Folder. A Finder window should appear.

5) Quit Army Builder (this step is important!)

6) In the folder window that appeared after step 4, there should be a file named "ArmyBuilder.log". Please email me that file at colen@wolflair.com - it should have important debug info that I can use to figure out what's going wrong.

I've also resolved the "Delete" issue for the next release of AB. Thanks for your help!
Colen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
lolbat

Old May 10th, 2012, 07:36 PM
So it only happens using the Epic Armageddon files. I did a test print for a 40K force and it didn't display the bug.

Log file and PDF included
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Army Builder - 3000 pt Eldar.pdf (156.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: txt log.txt (5.9 KB, 0 views)
lolbat is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
grant

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hey all,

Thanks for making the product available for Macs!

I'm having an issue with Lord of the Rings. Heroes and Minor Heroes are showing up, but I cannot seem to find any warriors for any of the Lord of the Rings armies. I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious. I didn't have this problem on my PC when I tried it a few months ago. Any advice?

Thanks again,
Grant
grant is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old May 11th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant View Post
Hey all,

Thanks for making the product available for Macs!

I'm having an issue with Lord of the Rings. Heroes and Minor Heroes are showing up, but I cannot seem to find any warriors for any of the Lord of the Rings armies. I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious. I didn't have this problem on my PC when I tried it a few months ago. Any advice?

Thanks again,
Grant
Grant, I believe this is an understanding of the LotR files and not a Mac related issue. I have tested the current datafiles on the mac without any issues. Please create a new topic in the LotR SBG forum with what you are doing and hopefully I can work out the issue you are having.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
stillwalking

Old May 13th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Hello, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but (as far as i can see) I am unable to save my list as a pdf file. Is the option even available for mac or is there a different way to do it then the windows version?

also, as to lolbat's problem, I have been able to open a second window of army builder and have two list being built simultaneously (just right click on app button on lower bar and select new window) hope that helps
stillwalking is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
hansidm

Old May 15th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Hello all,

I have an issue with the latest AB beta when switching desktops on OS X Lion 10.7.4. I always change desktops a lot by swiping on my MacBook Pro touch pad.

When I switch out from AB's desktop and come back, I can't get AB to get my input focus again. It won't respond from point clicks, nor keyboard keys. It doesn't crash, but it won't work at all, it just sits there without responding. Also, the context menu won't work neither. The only way around is to force quit AB and restart it manually.

Is this a known issue? Thank you.
hansidm is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwalking View Post
Hello, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but (as far as i can see) I am unable to save my list as a pdf file. Is the option even available for mac or is there a different way to do it then the windows version?
Saving to a PDF is handled slightly differently in the Mac as opposed to Windows, in that Macs have built-in support to save to PDF. If you print normally, somewhere on the "print" dialog provided by the OS, there'll be an option to save the file to a PDF. For example, on Lion, the latest version of the OS, it's labelled "PDF" with a drop down menu that lets you preview or save the file as a PDF. Let us know if this doesn't address your issue.
John is offline   #20 Reply With Quote