Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ahglock

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Pax_ View Post
A test requires you to roll dice.

When do you roll dice, in order to successfully wear armor?
Yeah and as I pointed out when averaging attributes it was not referred to as a test but a task. It seems more likely to me that since 99% of the time you are using a stat it is by rolling dice they specified that up front. Since they specified that you are then saying that is the only way it is used. While your average task which can involve rolling dice and not rolling dice depending on the situation was not clearly specified. That does not mean the only time the averaging comes into play is when rolling dice in a test.

On top of that it narrows a rule down to a weird level, where super-humanly strong/tough bodies are encumbered by low levels of armor. When a rule makes you go WTF, that makes no sense I think it is a good time to step back and wonder if you are word gaming the rule too much.
ahglock is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
_Pax_

Old May 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM
*sigh* ... "wearing armor" isn't a task either.
_Pax_ is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old May 4th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
A test requires you to roll dice.

When do you roll dice, in order to successfully wear armor?
When the wearing of the armor causes the character to be sufficiently encumbered so as to bring the fatigue rule in to play, or when the player wants to wear enough armor that they resemble the kid wearing the overstuffed snowsuit in an old Christmas movie, ie: the armor encumberence exceeds the character's strength. {I'm too tired to dig that one of the book atm. I'll post it when I get up tomorrow.}

This came up at a missions event last year when a player tried to wear FFBA and armoured clothing under a full set of red samurai armor; body 4, strength 3.
CeaDawg is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Wyldstar

Old May 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Something I noticed with drakes. Armor worn in human form is carried over to the dracoform.
Wyldstar is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
ahglock

Old May 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
*sigh* ... "wearing armor" isn't a task either.
Sigh, yes it is. Everything you do whether passive or active is some form of task. Or to narrow it down a bit given that wearing more armor than x2 your body can cause penalties it requires enough effort to be considered a task. You are word gaming this into a illogical conclusion, too me that is a hint that maybe that is not the rule.

Wearing armor is just one of those tasks that normally does not require any test, like driving a car under normal conditions. or moving without actively running. When moving without actively running it is still related to the persons strength attribute, but it only matters when a run test comes up. It is not like a person with two cyber legs is using his meat strength to propel himself at normal speeds and only uses the cyber when running. Just like a person would not use only his meat body for encumbrance except for when he wears so much armor a test comes into play.
ahglock is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old May 5th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Getting a Cyberarm Slide doesn't let you put a gun into it, It's listed as a container, but not available when selection locations for a pistol.
nylanfs is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
ctrvl

Old May 7th, 2012, 12:12 AM
So I have my character in advancement phase, and attempt to buy Wired Reflexes (1) (Alphaware) for them. Cost is ¥22,000, I have ¥121,000. After clicking "add", I would expect that available cash to go to ¥99,000. However, it only goes down ¥11,000 (cost of standard). Essence appears to be subtracting correctly for non-standard 'ware, but for some reason the monetary cost is not charging me correctly.

Looking at my character, I don't see anything that is magically reducing the monetary cost - or maybe I'm missing something? Advice appreciated.

Note that if I explicitly say to pay ¥22,000 it subtracts correctly.
ctrvl is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Boomdoggle

Old May 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Buying off "Uneducated" after selecting Naga, Pixie, etc from the race menu charges you the points but when you try to buy technical active skills it still charges double BP and gives you an error about not being allowed Technical skill groups.

Dartgun does not appear as a modification option under cyberlimbs (fingertip dart yes, dartgun no).

Cyberlimb Armor modification does not appear to add to worn armor on the armor screen.

Cyberlimb Comlinks do not appear on the Matrix tab.
Boomdoggle is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Boomdoggle

Old May 7th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cybergun (Squirtgun) does not appear as a modification option for cyberlimbs. Neither does the Cybergun (Taser) or the projectile spur.

Last edited by Boomdoggle; May 9th, 2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Updated post
Boomdoggle is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Boomdoggle

Old May 7th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Rating 6 Comlink Response or Signal modifications cannot be selected from the "restricted gear" quality drop-down menu.
Boomdoggle is offline   #30 Reply With Quote