Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Futureechoes

Old May 4th, 2013, 07:56 PM
So my hero is a wild dwarf from the forgotten realms.
Most of the info is the same for a regular dwarf except that the wild dwarf is small. So I made him a dwarf and then used the permenant adjustments to move him down one size category. The problem is that the weapon damage seems to have moved down two size classes and it thows out a validation error if I adjust my height and weight to the proper size.

For example: my Dwarven waraxe; Medium sized weapon is 1d10, small sized weapon is a 1d8. It's listing it as a 1d6.
my thowing axe; M size is a 1d6, S size is a 1d4, its listing at a 1d3
Futureechoes is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 6th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Two things. One, I'm not seeing the same problem you are in terms of the wrong damage amounts for weapons. Is there anything else on your character that could possibly change weapon damage? Did you accidentally reduce size by 2?

The other thing is, you'd really be better off using the editor to make a new race. This can be done pretty easily using New (Copy) of a Dwarf then changing the size plus any other modifications that need to be made. I know someone's working on adding some Forgetting Realms info for the next community release, but I can't say whether this race will be included. For now, I suggest you make your own user data file, and create this race to avoid any problems like this one.
Sendric is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Futureechoes

Old May 8th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Hello Sendric,

Thank you for your answer. I figured it out.
"Permanent adjustments" for size category doesn't just adjust the size category of the character but also all weapons. Basically I was giving a medium sized dwarf small weapons and then shrinking him and the weapons with the adjustments. So the dwarf goes from medium to small and the weapons go from small to tiny. It works if I give him medium weapons and then use the adjustment to shrink them all at the same time.
Futureechoes is offline   #3 Reply With Quote