Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

paxmiles

Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Florida View Post
"Error 5 is Access Denied; "Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup Aborted"

Same error that I am getting, I was able to install v. 3.1 but can't upgrade it. All other programs have installed fine. No issues with WoW, League of Legends, Open Office, Firefox, Starcraft II or anything else I have put on this laptop other than Army Builder 3.3
Getting same error message with army builder's update program from 3.1c to 3.3a. Tried un-installing the entire thing and reinstalling from site's 3.3a and same exact thing. Also tried installing 3.1c from the web site which works, but crashes when I try to use any other downloaded files (like the 40k files). Upgrading from the freshly installed 3.1c also crashes.

I have windows vista with service pack 1 installed on this desktop PC. Until tonight, I have been running an old copy of army builder 3.1c that I've been procrastinating about renewing. That version was working fine. Now I have nothing. My computer is running fine with every other program installed, this is clearly related to an armybuilder failure.

Yes, I tried running it in compatibility mode. Tried changing the location the file was in before clicking on it too (as I have multiple hard drives) without any change.

Please fix or return my money. I find it very irritating when online companies are willing to sell a defective product, or sell a lack of a product.
-Pax
paxmiles is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
paxmiles

Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Okay, been looking around the internet for a solution.

found this:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...9-2f708b2caad6

After clearing the temp folder, I noticed that each time I run the ab33a_install.exe file I get a warning about malware detected. Apparently my Webroot thinks this version of armybuilder is malicious.

Specifically, it says there is a "trojan-dropper.gen" created twice at:

c:\users\<my admin name>\appdata\local\temp\is-stt4h\ab33a_install.tmp

In also mentions the creation of an "atlas dmt cookie" created 3 times as:

c:\users\<my admin name>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\cookies\<m y admin name>@atdmt[1].txt

and another 3 times as:

c:\users\<my admin name>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\cookies\<m y admin name>@atdmt[2].txt

So I disconnected from the internet, disabled all anti-virus stuff, and ab33a_install.exe installs perfectly. Upon re-enabling the anti-virus, none of the above files were found.
-Pax

PS: Apologies about being frustrated in the last post, was tired and annoyed about the lack of instant gratification with an online purchase. after sleeping, found the above solution.

Last edited by paxmiles; February 3rd, 2011 at 09:36 AM.
paxmiles is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 3rd, 2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks for posting, paxmiles! It sounds like the antivirus software you were running is the issue - that's useful data for us if someone else reports a similar problem in the future.
Colen is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Eric Florida

Old February 5th, 2011, 05:42 AM
This is likely my issue as well, I have been away on business and not able to read the boards but my new laptop came with webroot as well. I'll give it a go with the webroot turned off and hopefully that will do the trick.

Thanks,

Eric
Eric Florida is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Eric Florida

Old February 6th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Webroot was the issue, up and running now with no issues.

Thanks!

E
Eric Florida is offline   #35 Reply With Quote