Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Closed Thread

Lu-tze

Old September 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
Built an Infected Vampire (cliche, I know).
Skills of:
B 5
A 6
R 5/7(wired reflexes)
S 5
C 3
I 6
L 3
W 3

Took Perceptive and Hawk Eye Qualities and Perception is Defaulting at 5
Lu-tze is offline   #111
Ryu

Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:20 AM
Create Magician without Implants->Finalize->Implant Aug->Increase Magic Back to original value.

The cost is calculated from the pre-implant magic rating, but should be calculated from current magic. (IIRC SR3 handled that differently.)

IE
Magic 4 max. 6
Install Trauma Damper - Magic 3 max. 5 Ess 5.8
Increase Magic to 4 for 20 karma (current HL price 25 for Magic 5(4))
Ryu is offline   #112
hyulf

Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:02 PM
When adding Knowledge or Language skills to an NPC in Shadowrun, I click once, and then it goes red saying I have overspent.

So if the NPC had 15 Knowledge skill points, I click to add Japanese and it immediately says overspent.
hyulf is offline   #113
JDDyslexia

Old September 24th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
Create Magician without Implants->Finalize->Implant Aug->Increase Magic Back to original value.

The cost is calculated from the pre-implant magic rating, but should be calculated from current magic. (IIRC SR3 handled that differently.)

IE
Magic 4 max. 6
Install Trauma Damper - Magic 3 max. 5 Ess 5.8
Increase Magic to 4 for 20 karma (current HL price 25 for Magic 5(4))
Just to contribute to this issue (because I just spent a good chunk of time scouring my PDFs and the SR4 forums), yes this is indeed technically a bug. Having the reduced essence doesn't "surpress" that point of Magic, you actually lose it (so, if you were to get rid of the implant and use gene therapy to get your essence back, you won't get the Magic point back.

Based on those rules alone, it makes sense that buying your Magic back up should cost the new attribute rating x 5, and not the higher value assuming a "surpressed" point of Magic.
JDDyslexia is offline   #114
JDDyslexia

Old September 25th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Any updates on when to expect a new release to patch some of the known bugs?
JDDyslexia is offline   #115
Mad Hamish

Old September 25th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Lu-tze, the wording on defaulting is
"Characters who default use only the linked attribute in their dice
pool. Additionally, they suffer a –1 dice pool modifier."

So I can see 3 different things that might be factors
1) the definition of defaulting might be being read as dice modifiers not applying
(not a ruling I'd be happy with myself, although I accept that if it added a skill ranking point it wouldn't work (pg68 & pg 118 iirc))
2) Hawkeye only applies for a specific case so it may not be being applied, perception should still work though. (Checking the code for Hawkeye it does look like the code only implements the range modification)
3) it's just a general bug
Mad Hamish is offline   #116
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 26th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu-tze View Post
Built an Infected Vampire (cliche, I know).
Skills of:
B 5
A 6
R 5/7(wired reflexes)
S 5
C 3
I 6
L 3
W 3

Took Perceptive and Hawk Eye Qualities and Perception is Defaulting at 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hamish View Post
Lu-tze, the wording on defaulting is
"Characters who default use only the linked attribute in their dice
pool. Additionally, they suffer a –1 dice pool modifier."

So I can see 3 different things that might be factors
1) the definition of defaulting might be being read as dice modifiers not applying
(not a ruling I'd be happy with myself, although I accept that if it added a skill ranking point it wouldn't work (pg68 & pg 118 iirc))
2) Hawkeye only applies for a specific case so it may not be being applied, perception should still work though. (Checking the code for Hawkeye it does look like the code only implements the range modification)
3) it's just a general bug
In order to properly apply bonuses to a skill, the skill needs to be added to the skill tab - otherwise, Hero Lab has nowhere to store those bonuses. Without a perception skill on the skill tab, the display along the top of the character does a quick back-of-the-envelope calculation of the default value and comes up with Int-1.

Although skills are added at rating 1 by default, you can drop them to rating 0 after adding them, and it will show you the default roll for that skill. The rating 0 skills can get dicepool modifiers, though, and those modifiers will be reflected along the top of the character.

Oh, and Hawk Eye only applies in some circumstances, so its bonus isn't automatically incorporated into the Perception dicepool - it's up to the user to decide whether that applies or not.
Mathias is offline   #117
Wyldstar

Old September 29th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I've found a problem with free spirits and initiating.

When a free spirit buys a level of initiation they should be able to use a point for metamagic or use it as a point for free spirit powers. If I take the metamagic power it is counting it as a free spirit power, and flagging the purchase as being over the limit.
Wyldstar is offline   #118
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 10th, 2012, 07:21 AM
This thread is now closed. Please use our new Shadowrun bug reporting mechanism instead:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=24975
Colen is offline   #119
Closed Thread