Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RayOMan67

Old August 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I am having issues with my Amazon.com VISA. My VISA is a perfectly valid card that I use to get gas and buy things from Amazon.com. I've checked with Chase and they say everything is fine with my credit card on their end.

It seems this website store, the PSN store and iTunes seem to have issues validating my card.

I even tried purchasing a Vanilla VISA prepaid card but this website seems to have trouble validating this card too.

SIGH!

What's funny is my PayPal account uses my Amazon.com VISA and PayPal works perfectly with iTunes. It would be nice for this website to use PayPal. I've used PayPal since it existed and I've never had issues with them.

I would love to purchase additional data packages to use with Hero Lab but it seems Lone Wolf doesn't want my money. :-(
RayOMan67 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2011, 10:05 PM
When you say "seem to have issues", what are these "issues"? Our online sales system provides concrete feedback regarding what errors it receives and/or what security checks are not being validated by your credit card. By not providing that information, you make it impossible for us to actually do anything on our end to help.

We take the security of our customers seriously, and we err on the side of safety. Based on your examples of what sites work and what sites don't work with your card, it's highly likely that the issue is with the security code on the back of the card. All Visa cards are printed with a security code, but not all banks actually verify the code when a charge is submitted for the credit card. Companies that ship physical products to your door can safely verify your address and zipcode, so they don't need to verify the security code to be confident your card hasn't been stolen. In our case, we're issuing a license electronically, so we need to be extra careful that we safeguard against someone using your credit card fraudulently. That means we need to verify the security code. If your bank refuses to verify the security code when a charge is submitted, then electronic sales on sites like iTunes and our own site will be rejected. Assuming my theory is correct, you should be directing your frustration towards Amazon - not iTunes or us - for not providing you with full security for your credit card.

We don't utilize PayPal for one simple reason. PayPal has a established a poor track record when problems arise. If something goes wrong with a transaction, PayPal is not a company that actively assists in resolving the problem. Quite the opposite, in fact. While you may have never had issues with PayPal yourself, there are many who have, and their experiences are not ones we wish to contend with. Consequently, we have chosen not to accept PayPal. If changes are instituted with PayPal, then we would consider adding it, but not at the current time.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old August 10th, 2011, 03:24 AM
I agree with Rob. I had a Paypal transaction fail on Paypal's end. They withdrew the money from my credit card but something happened on their end where the transaction failed. I had to wait 2 weeks for the money to be returned. The credit card company said Paypal took the money but that was that and they couldn't do anything till Paypal released the funds. I phoned Paypal and they said it failed on their end but they would release the funds in their standard 2 weeks time. They were completely unhelpful. It's not the first problems I've had with them and it won't be the last.

Having run a successful e-commerce site it does sound like your Amazon/Visa is being denied by Amazon.

I had a Capital One Credit card be denied by Amazon but work every other place (and I mean like mom and pop stores). I had to phone Capital One and get it fixed.

While Paypal looks to be the cat's meow it has problems that the end user rarely sees. It's normally expensive for the person receiving the money (Paypal can have some high fees when compared to what LW might be getting from their bank)
gilvagor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 10th, 2011, 03:27 AM
And that's not even getting into what happens if Paypal decides your business is shady (which can be as simple as having someone who bought something from you come up on their blacklist). Freezing of all accounts that they know of is generally just the first step.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote