Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Viking698

Old April 10th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Ok started to use Realmwork to setup my campaign I will be starting. I have just the basics down on the first screen. Under places of interest I have place 3 city name. Now is there a way to have those names as a link I could click on and let me put in more details?

Hope that makes some sense.

Thanks

Viking
Viking698 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old April 10th, 2014, 02:39 PM
First, create new topics for those 3 cities.

Then go back to your first screen with the list of cities on it. Hit F7, or click the little hammer and wrench on the top right. Select "Quick Edit Content" and "Scan For New Content Links".

That will look through your text and see if anything you typed is a Topic, and make it a link.

It's a good idea to create your Topics first. If you are writing, and you type something that you know will be a Topic later (like a city name), hit CTRL-Q to pull up a box to quickly create your topic, then go back to what you were doing. Then you don't have to come back later and rescan for links, because you've created the topics already. Go fill in the details for your topics later.

Does that make sense?
MaxSupernova is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 10th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I'm thinking there's more to your question than the obvious, but to give the obvious answer, yes.

You create a topic under the "Places" category. Select "Community" (if it's a city), and click "Create". Here, you can name the city, fill out whatever detail you wish (now or later), and save.

Now that you've named your city (say that you called it "Viking City"), whenever you use the phrase "Viking City" in another topic, the program will automatically link that phrase to your city, so when you click the link, it takes you to you're city's topic where you can view or edit its detail.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mmurphy

Old April 10th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Another quick way to perform the same function:

'Ctrl-Q'

As you type in data you do not have not created yet, hit 'Ctrl-Q' and it will bring up a quick add feature. Add the item and then go back to the normal screen. This will allow you to make the links without having to re-scan.
Mmurphy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Viking698

Old April 12th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Ok thanks
Viking698 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote