Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Dhrakken

Old September 29th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
If you have the cash, a new OLED would be the cast meow.....Anyone here with trump as their last name want to fund mine?
Haha nice one. OLED would be overkill in my opinion, especially considering it would never be used for movies or regular TV.

I ended up buying the LG from Costco last night... now this weekend I start cutting the bottom out of my custom built coffee gaming table and prep it for the TV. The plan is to remove the screen from the bezel/cabinet and place a thin acrylic sheet over the screen to protect it.

Here's a picture of the table during construction two years ago; I've put a couple more coats of stain and polyurethane since then so it looks a little different. Also, there are now 4 legs on it lol.

I will post new pictures once the tv is in the table.

Last edited by Dhrakken; September 29th, 2016 at 06:38 AM.
Dhrakken is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 7th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
Haha nice one. OLED would be overkill in my opinion, especially considering it would never be used for movies or regular TV.

I ended up buying the LG from Costco last night... now this weekend I start cutting the bottom out of my custom built coffee gaming table and prep it for the TV. The plan is to remove the screen from the bezel/cabinet and place a thin acrylic sheet over the screen to protect it.

Here's a picture of the table during construction two years ago; I've put a couple more coats of stain and polyurethane since then so it looks a little different. Also, there are now 4 legs on it lol.

I will post new pictures once the tv is in the table.
Let tell you, this isn't for the feint of heart... I broke my brand new LED last night trying to get it in the table...
Dhrakken is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 7th, 2016, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
Let tell you, this isn't for the feint of heart... I broke my brand new LED last night trying to get it in the table...
Well, Costco has an amazing return policy. Won't hurt to try returning it.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 7th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Well, Costco has an amazing return policy. Won't hurt to try returning it.
Oh I intend on trying!
Dhrakken is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 9th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Success....

Dhrakken is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 9th, 2016, 08:35 AM

Dhrakken is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 9th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Nice! Looks like the effort was well worth it!

MNBlockHead is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Dhrakken

Old October 11th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Nice! Looks like the effort was well worth it!
Thanks!

My biggest fears right now are drinks and I worry the TV won't be able to handle a lot of impact; plexiglass might be too thin... I was trying my hardest to avoid as much parallax effect as possible without sacrificing strength but I don't think I got the right balance... First game night will be tomorrow... fingers crossed!
Dhrakken is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Kodi1124

Old October 11th, 2016, 09:51 AM
looks great, good luck

i am having trouble getting player view to show up on my tv. connected wirelessly to samsung cure. selected extended projection, selected secondary screen in RW, but only empty desktop screen. I am sure this has been discussed somewhere in the forum, but cant find anything that says how to correct the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Kodi1124 is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old October 11th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodi1124 View Post
looks great, good luck

i am having trouble getting player view to show up on my tv. connected wirelessly to samsung cure. selected extended projection, selected secondary screen in RW, but only empty desktop screen. I am sure this has been discussed somewhere in the forum, but cant find anything that says how to correct the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated
I just posted a long post with screenshots in another thread about this. Checker newer posts or my recent posts.

Is your problem that you only see your computer's empty desktop or that you see the player screen but it is blank? It is not always easy to see the difference. Below is a screenshot of my second monitor with player view opened on it with nothing revealed.

pvsnap.png

I might look like a blank desktop, but if nothing was running on that screen, it would show my normal desktop, with my company logo, but no icons.

You need to select items for player view AND you ALSO must click the reveal bubbles. My other recent post gives screenshots for that.

MNBlockHead is offline   #50 Reply With Quote