Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old November 16th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I shall get round to working on files this weekend. I seem to have lost myself in Skyrim this week....

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Arijharn

Old November 17th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Do you recommend getting Skyrim? I sorta seem to have become rather jaded with the series in general. Starting off as a prisoner born to uncertain parents on an uncertain date is a bit... cliche, if only because Bethesda invented that cliche!
Arijharn is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old November 17th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
Do you recommend getting Skyrim? I sorta seem to have become rather jaded with the series in general. Starting off as a prisoner born to uncertain parents on an uncertain date is a bit... cliche, if only because Bethesda invented that cliche!
I played Morrowind and Oblivion, but never really got into them. I'm finding Skyrim to be fantastic, leaps ahead of what came before!

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old December 12th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I searched and noted that I am getting an error when my slaughermaster takes an ironfist and has a magic weapon. It tell me that I cannot take both a normal and a magic weapon. However, the ironfist is normal armour, per the new FAQ out today.

Also, issue wrt to ironfist option allowing magical armour for the slaughtermaster and butcher has been clarified as allowing for magical armour.

The bruiser BSB with a magic banner can still take big names up to 50 points per the new FAQ while the current AB locks out that option.

Finally, the new FAQ gives the slow to fire (no stand and shoot) rule to ironblasters, scrap launchers, and thundertusks, so that additional special rule might be added to the rules description for those units.
sdhakala is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old December 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhakala View Post
I searched and noted that I am getting an error when my slaughermaster takes an ironfist and has a magic weapon. It tell me that I cannot take both a normal and a magic weapon. However, the ironfist is normal armour, per the new FAQ out today.
Oops, my error....

Quote:
Also, issue wrt to ironfist option allowing magical armour for the slaughtermaster and butcher has been clarified as allowing for magical armour.
The way I had it

Quote:
The bruiser BSB with a magic banner can still take big names up to 50 points per the new FAQ while the current AB locks out that option.

Finally, the new FAQ gives the slow to fire (no stand and shoot) rule to ironblasters, scrap launchers, and thundertusks, so that additional special rule might be added to the rules description for those units.
Already done. Not wanting to sound like I'm complaining, but the FAQ did only come out a few hours ago, so not really a bug....

UltraPrime is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old December 15th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks. I did not mean to imply that the last point was a bug, just noting the new FAQ altered the BSB options wrt magic banner still allowing big names.
sdhakala is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Tiger Dave

Old January 9th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Hey hey.

Let me add "I think" to "Mournfang Cavalry Crusher upgrade's Leadership is being listed incorrectly as LD 6, instead of LD 7 (pg 93 OK Book)" because I've been doing some rules lawyering lately that's been incredibly wrong! Wrong wrong wrong. I will say that it doesn't make sense that an upgrade would result in a downgrade in leadership, UNLESS said Ogre got a little smarter and suddenly realized just exactly what in hell he's riding!

Thanks!
TD

Last edited by Tiger Dave; January 11th, 2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Extreme paranoia. As usual.
Tiger Dave is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old January 25th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Dave View Post
Hey hey.

Let me add "I think" to "Mournfang Cavalry Crusher upgrade's Leadership is being listed incorrectly as LD 6, instead of LD 7 (pg 93 OK Book)" because I've been doing some rules lawyering lately that's been incredibly wrong! Wrong wrong wrong. I will say that it doesn't make sense that an upgrade would result in a downgrade in leadership, UNLESS said Ogre got a little smarter and suddenly realized just exactly what in hell he's riding!

Thanks!
TD
Ld 7 is correct. Fixed for next release.

UltraPrime is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Mad_Dog

Old January 31st, 2012, 01:29 AM
FYI if you read the official update they state that it was not their intention to allow Slaughtermasters and butchers to take magic armour and they recommend that you dont as it "goes against the spirit, if not the letter, of the rule" 7/12/11. So although its possible its not intended and shouldn't be used.
Also when will the next version be available?
Mad_Dog is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Tiger Dave

Old February 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Dog View Post
FYI if you read the official update they state that it was not their intention to allow Slaughtermasters and butchers to take magic armour and they recommend that you dont as it "goes against the spirit, if not the letter, of the rule" 7/12/11. So although its possible its not intended and shouldn't be used.
"However, after much debate, we’ve decided that it does not give the Ogres an unfair advantage, so we’ve decided to leave the rule as it is written for the time being."

I think leaving it up the the individual player is the best way to go on this for now. The FAQ doesn't specifically forbid it, but it does encourage you not to play it that way. Since it is technically legal, Army Builder should reflect it.

(As for me - no, mine will not be wearing armor.)
Tiger Dave is offline   #100 Reply With Quote