Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Shaughnn

Old January 25th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Hello,
I've just purchased a CD-version of Army Builder 3 at a local game store and it appears to be blank. I've tried to run it in five different drives (3 different computers) and all have had the same results.
No "Start up sequence"
No detectable files on the disc
CD-drive must be ejected by means of drop-down file control rather than by manual eject.
I trust the game store I purchased the disc from and so I don't believe that it's a pirated copy. Is this a problem which has been reported before? Should I return the defective disc to Lone Wolf for study or should I return it to the retail store?
Thank you,
Shaughnn in Washington :cry:
Shaughnn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 26th, 2007, 04:07 AM
That's bizarre. We haven't had that happen before. If you want, we can swap out the product for you, but you probably don't need to worry about doing that.

I assume that you have the sleeve in which the CD was packaged, right? If so, then do you have the license number on that sleeve? As long as you have the license number and access code, you've got everything you need to activate the product.

You can download the latest version of AB by using the URL below. It's only about 3MB in size, so it's a quick download, even over dialup.
http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/submit/get_product.asp?product=ab

Once you download AB, install it, then following the instructions on the sleeve to activate the license. This should get you running right away. If you still want to swap out the CD, we'll be happy to do it for you, but you honestly don't need it. The only thing you need is the license information on the sleeve.

If you want to swap out the CD, please contact me directly at helpdesk at wolflair.com to make arrangements.

Sorry for the hassle, but I'll keep my fingers crossed that we can get you running quickly in spite of this problem. :-)

Hope this helps,
Rob

At 08:54 PM 1/25/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
Hello,
I've just purchased a CD-version of Army Builder 3 at a local game store and it appears to be blank. I've tried to run it in five different drives (3 different computers) and all have had the same results.
No "Start up sequence"
No detectable files on the disc
CD-drive must be ejected by means of drop-down file control rather than by manual eject.
I trust the game store I purchased the disc from and so I don't believe that it's a pirated copy. Is this a problem which has been reported before? Should I return the defective disc to Lone Wolf for study or should I return it to the retail store?
Thank you,
Shaughnn in Washington [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif[/img]
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shaughnn

Old January 26th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Thank you Rob,
Downloading worked like a charm and I've now got the fully licensed Army Builder on my computer. I would still like to have the CD though and I'm very curious to know what went wrong with this CD in my hand. I'll make the exchange arrangements through the helpdesk link. Thank you again Rob for the quick attention and resolution.
Excellent product!,
Shaughnn
Shaughnn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote