Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Grovestrider

Old November 19th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
I haven't yet decided which handbook to add next, so if you'd like to weigh in on that, now's the time.
I would say Telekinetic's Handbook, but I think Shapeshifter's might be more popular.
Grovestrider is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 19th, 2016, 03:01 PM
For what it's worth, the Shapeshifter's Handbook will probably be quite a big project. The reason for this is because at some point I want to take some of the stuff I learned making Sphere Staves and apply it towards making a new UI for Alteration effects (somewhat like the UI that HL already has for Polymorph effects, perhaps), and the Alteration handbook would be the natural time to do that. But it means that the Shapeshifter's Handbook will be one of the more time-consuming ones to put together.

To be clear on one thing, however: If/when I am able to make a new Alteration UI, it will be part of the core SoP package. You won't need the Shapeshifter's Handbook to get that, even though I'll be making it alongside said handbook.
TheIronGolem is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 20th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure which handbooks are finished, to be in consideration.

Our group is using Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Life, and Warp the most.
Others are semi-used, but almost every Sphere's guy has at least two of those five.
One guy really likes Divination, and has had that on each of his last several characters, but the rest of the group isn't following suit.

Most are also going Illusion, but with the Drawback that gets Invisibility as a bonus talent, and then not taking anything else within the Sphere.
Ualaa is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 20th, 2016, 02:56 PM
When you do get around to that Alteration UI, would it be possible to have the option of more than one shapeshift with options selected.
One guy in our group likes to bounce between five forms.

Wildshape allows for an animal form, an elemental form, and a plant form.

Being able to fully configure multiple forms with traits, and then enable/disable by checking/un-checking a box, would be really nice.
Ualaa is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
Grovestrider

Old November 20th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
I'm not sure which handbooks are finished, to be in consideration.

Our group is using Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Life, and Warp the most.
Others are semi-used, but almost every Sphere's guy has at least two of those five.
One guy really likes Divination, and has had that on each of his last several characters, but the rest of the group isn't following suit.

Most are also going Illusion, but with the Drawback that gets Invisibility as a bonus talent, and then not taking anything else within the Sphere.
Of those listed, only Alteration, Destruction and Divination have handbooks released (so far); the Destruction sphere already has hero lab files made.

On that note, the Diviner's Handbook would probably be simple enough to make (as far as sphere handbooks go anyways).
Grovestrider is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 20th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Other groups will likely have different priorities.
Hopefully we get a few more people to voice their opinion, so the next set of files appeal to the largest group.

I'm likely in the boat, which will buy every set as it is released; chances are people will either stick with Core (and possibly Expanded Options, for all of the Archetypes) or go for everything.
Ualaa is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old November 29th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Hello all, where do I pick up the updates to the main Spheres of Power Hero Lab or SOP CORE files. I am still on 1.11.

Thank you!

Last edited by Anderlorn; November 29th, 2016 at 08:16 PM.
Anderlorn is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 30th, 2016, 04:47 AM
Readme.html that came with the spheres of power files has the source to add.
The steps are listed within that file and the four included screenshots.

Not sure if I should list the update source, since it is a paid product. Can someone get the files for free, from the update source? Or is it okay to list the source here?
Ualaa is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
Anderlorn

Old November 30th, 2016, 06:01 AM
I see it! Thanks a million! I was looking here for the Update Source like it usually is, then DriveThru, and not the zip itself.

Last edited by Anderlorn; November 30th, 2016 at 06:34 AM.
Anderlorn is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old November 30th, 2016, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Readme.html that came with the spheres of power files has the source to add.
The steps are listed within that file and the four included screenshots.

Not sure if I should list the update source, since it is a paid product. Can someone get the files for free, from the update source? Or is it okay to list the source here?
You are correct, it would enable anyone to get the package without paying for it. That's why ShadowChemosh can put up the update URL for something like the Community Package in a public place (because that's free) but I have to stick them in a readme file. It's the closest thing I have to any kind of security measure. It's not much, but if someone is determined to pirate this then at least they have to dig a little deeper than this thread.

Back when I was developing the core files I experimented a little with some ideas to combat potential piracy. The "best" idea I had involved reserving some key parts to be placed in a file that would be included in the retail package but not distributed in the update pipeline. Theoretically this would mean that anyone getting errors related to that part being missing is just a pirate who needs to pay for what they want. In reality, I think it would have just been one more thing that can break for legitimate users while only making things marginally harder for pirates. That's not a trade I'm willing to make.
TheIronGolem is offline   #190 Reply With Quote