Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old September 10th, 2020, 11:36 PM
It's not for Farlings tool but the process is pretty much the same so these may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPVFCSsq1oI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsJjkFnrNEw

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 13th, 2020, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancealittle View Post
Farling - iv not yet had to do this, but will need to sooner or later. I dont suppose you could make a short vid and post to youtube covering this subject ? an example to work from is much easier than stabbing in the dark...

Regards, Lancealittle
Not a video, but the instructions in the first post should be pretty simple to follow...
https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 14th, 2020, 05:00 PM
@Rob great to hear from you. Thank you for the big explanation. I hope some financial model will be identified, so work could continue. Maybe just with 1 developer to ensure a support, along with some volunteers from the community.
A kickstarter patreon or whatever could also provide some support in my opion.

And - I think - you have have proven your dedication (to me at least) numerous times on the forums, while RW was still in an active state.

Sometimes things just don't work out, but it would be great if RW would see some updates again

Good night!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old September 15th, 2020, 10:09 AM
@Rob,

if you are still checking in... I was a KS backer... and if you decided to move forward with RW development I would buy into a Patreon.

Just my 2 cents.
Grey Mage is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 16th, 2020, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
@Rob,

if you are still checking in... I was a KS backer... and if you decided to move forward with RW development I would buy into a Patreon.

Just my 2 cents.
I'd do a Patreon. Figure how much it would cost to do something and set it as a goal and then however long it takes is however long it takes.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old September 16th, 2020, 11:14 AM
I would support a model that does not force a monthly subscriptions and does not move the product to the web. Don't go into extortion business and all should be good.

RW is serious tool, should always retain desktop client for superior performance, offline and instant access to the data.

PS: Does anyone work on RW to fix the reported bugs?

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 16th, 2020, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
It's hard to believe they do at this time given LWD didn't know about the issues with the latest patch. They don't read the forums and don'e read the support tickets based on the forum chit chat I've seen.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
lancealittle

Old September 16th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It's hard to believe they do at this time given LWD didn't know about the issues with the latest patch. They don't read the forums and don'e read the support tickets based on the forum chit chat I've seen.
As the saying goes, if ignorance is bliss, they must be the happiest folks around !
lancealittle is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old September 17th, 2020, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
I would support a model that does not force a monthly subscriptions and does not move the product to the web. Don't go into extortion business and all should be good.

RW is serious tool, should always retain desktop client for superior performance, offline and instant access to the data.

I agree with almost everything you say, and I wouldn't personally have an issue with some sort of paid support model, RW is worth spending a few bucks on monthly or what ever.

However I do not like the idea of an open Patreon model personally, I would actually rather some sort of subscription. The reason being simple: Patreon would mean the few pay for the many, and that's not a situation I want to be in. What could end up happening those with the most cash end up driving the direction of the product, which seriously could push away users and thus support from those who cant match the funds, you end up driving an inverse whirlpool.

I am not saying I have a perfect solution, but I have always been a supporter of subscription models. Like a user fee; tax payers support busses, but each person riding it must pay a user fee as an example. Yearly Subscription nets you updates, we just need to see the yearly plan. What I guess the million dollar question is, how much would need to be generated to support the development. I have many subscriptions I pay for many monthly/yearly and have no issue with RW having one if it is reasonable and we get some support as our RoI.

You want updates you pay a small support cost.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 18th, 2020, 08:29 AM
I really do not mind those who are most interested paying for the new features that will bring in new users.

Mandatory subscription models are, to be nice about it, hated.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote