Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

EdSteiner

Old September 2nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Well got my mitts on the book too and have read it, it adds allot of new stuff all of which can be coded to enforce the rules option the user will select. However, the issue of is this the new norm or just a fad... Well enough on that rant from the other websites, you know whom and where they are, not really germane to this forum thank goodness. So I think the route I will go is create a new ruleset one that allow the Undead Legion to be selected at the new army comp values. and also at the same time allow any other army to be selected using the same updated comp values.

However now to the point the book does list several unique special characters, for other armies besides Undead Legions,
Valten, Crom and their language says can be included in a WoC army (or Empire for Valten) should I limit them to only be allowed if you are using the new ruleset or should be available to their respective armies in say a normal game of Warhammer?
EdSteiner is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old September 3rd, 2014, 06:17 PM
think they should be included for the new ruleset only
Yobtar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Ehsteve

Old September 4th, 2014, 04:14 AM
End Times should be added as a separate rules type (adding 50% Lords/Heroes allowance).

Undead Legions is entirely different from the End Times in the book and should be added a new army for general play (not opt-in like Chaos Dwarfs in WoC). I don't know how the Tomb King and Vampire Counts units are going to be coded (whether just copy paste from both data files or from scratch) but their Undead rules must be consistent with each other, which could present some problems with the Lore of Nehekara and Lore of Vampires with all of their references.
Ehsteve is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old September 4th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsteve View Post
End Times should be added as a separate rules type (adding 50% Lords/Heroes allowance).

Undead Legions is entirely different from the End Times in the book and should be added a new army for general play (not opt-in like Chaos Dwarfs in WoC). I don't know how the Tomb King and Vampire Counts units are going to be coded (whether just copy paste from both data files or from scratch) but their Undead rules must be consistent with each other, which could present some problems with the Lore of Nehekara and Lore of Vampires with all of their references.
DL 2.80 to see how the rule will change the comp values. Undead Legions are not in to allow for the 30 day embargo but it will allow others to start to build thier non-undead legion rosters using the new matrix.

Last edited by EdSteiner; September 4th, 2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Typo
EdSteiner is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
squalie

Old September 28th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I noticed that Morghasts are in the VC file. Could they/should they be added into the Tomb King file?
squalie is offline   #15 Reply With Quote