Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Darkechilde

Old March 30th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Hi all - I use RW to display images to a wall-mounted TV, but I also have a tv on my gaming table for a VTT. Is there a way to export the maps in a realm to be used in a VTT program? I haven't found any way, so far, but maybe I'm missing something obvious...

Thanks!
Darkechilde is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 30th, 2019, 01:58 PM
You can display the map in the player view window, which can be put on a second monitor, but there is no export of individual files possible from Realm Works.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2019, 02:55 PM
If you add the image into RW yourself, you can extract it again. Smart images can have the image exported via the menu and pictures can be viewed externally (and captured that way). However, if you purchase the material or acquired it from someone else as secured content, those options are disabled.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 1st, 2019, 10:00 PM
My second monitor that runs the players view is a horizontal monitor in a case. I just size the map to be miniature-size friendly and I'm good to go. No need for a second program.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:45 AM
I'd just like to chime in that having a "Copy/Paste" feature on images in Realm Works would be really handy.

Use case: my team plays over Skype. My team is weird and they use a variety of devices... computers, iPads, iPhones, to connect to Skype.

It would be VERY handy for me to be able to copy images from Realm Works directly into Skype so I can share maps and pictures with them. As it is now, I have to either share the original image saved on my computer, or I can use the Windows Snipping tool to essentially take a screenshot of the picture in Realm Works and paste it into Skype.
Murrdox is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:53 AM
Skype lets you do screen sharing, so that could be used to share the player view? (Or does it do all screens of your desktop?)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2019, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Skype lets you do screen sharing, so that could be used to share the player view? (Or does it do all screens of your desktop?)
Skype lets you pick one screen to share. I use this for the group I am GMing to share the Player Window over Skype.
davidp is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 3rd, 2019, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
Skype lets you pick one screen to share. I use this for the group I am GMing to share the Player Window over Skype.
Do you (or any other reader) know if it has low bandwidth when the picture isn't changing much?

Farling

Farling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:17 PM
The bandwidth utilization is entirely dependent upon the screen sharing tool being used. You, the user, are in control of how often and how much change occurs on the screen - not to mention how large the shared screen (or window) is. But only the screen sharing tool determines what data to actually transmit.

You might want to explore the relative performance of the various screen sharing tools out there to identify one that meets your efficiency requirements.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old April 3rd, 2019, 02:26 PM
I had very good experience with skype. Better than discord (imho)

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #10 Reply With Quote