Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

KarlM

Old May 19th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
In trying to answer someone's question on the forums I have found that monster classes are broken now. I made a test class and got the following error. Same error for all previously made classes.

Attempt to access field 'cSpellExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 7
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplBkExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 8
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSplScExpr' that does not exist for thing 'rPsueTest'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'Totals' (Eval Script '#6') near line 9
I'm getting this exact same error. Create a new monster class in a new user file, either by copying or blank. The editor creates the monster class, adds one level to the (also blank) hero in the background, then complains as above. Current version of HL 4.0b

Anyone know any workarounds?

The workaround is to run data file debugging OFF
LOL

Last edited by KarlM; May 19th, 2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Discovered workaround 30 secs after posting
KarlM is offline   #201
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Occassionally I have this problem. I create a new thing, and for some reason or another, it doesn't recognize the unique id, calling it invalid. I have no idea why it ends up doing this, I usually have to start from scratch on the thing I'm creating to make it work, which is annoying. Again, I can't seem to reproduce this reliably, it just seems to happen spontaneously and for no real reason. I make a thing, and it comes back with an invalid unique id error. This is the first image.

Then I duplicate it and give it a totally unique id, where it still continues to call it invalid. Essentially, unless I delete it, it is totally useless. Any idea why that keeps happening (rarely)?

Forgot to mention, I can't just save the thing and reload everything. While this is going on, I can't save anything I do, I have to delete the entry completely, and restart the whole program. Funny thing is, I save things when I create their id and Test Now, which worked just fine, so the entry for this thing (rThoqqua) is there in the list, and I can load it as a copy, but it's completely empty of data (as I saved it originally). When I save the thing now, it saves, but it doesn't overwrite anything. It just reports no error on saving, only when I hit Test Now. Far as I can tell, it's not saving either. Super glitch!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error1.jpg (21.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg error2.jpg (25.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Kendall-DM; May 24th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #202
Nightfox

Old May 27th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Are there any plans to add Psicrystal support to the d20 SRD system?
Nightfox is offline   #203
Sendric

Old June 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
The updates are posted when enough work has been done to justify one. Unfortunately, we are a pretty small company, and have to focus our efforts strategically. This means d20 has not been updated in some time, though I hope that I can push one out in the next few months.
With the latest Pathfinder release now out the door, is there a chance of seeing a bugfix release for d20 in the near future?
Sendric is offline   #204
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 23rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Found another bug, Far Shot is not correctly being applied to thrown weapons. It is giving the range increment a multiplier of 1.5 (the same as projectile weapons) when it should be doubling it for thrown weapons.
Kendall-DM is offline   #205
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Also, I've found a glitch when you select the javelin as a custom magic weapon, in this case a +1 Javelin with the extra enhancement of 'Returning'.

A regular javelin correctly applies a -4 to the Melee Attack scores as per the weapon's description however, the above described magical version does not factor in the penalty.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
The Feat: Far Shot increases the range increment of a projectile weapon, such as a bow, by a multiple of 1.5 and for a thrown weapon the range increment should be increased by a multiple of 2.

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown weapon multiplier (x2).

Another weapon-related glitch to add to the javelin one above and my earlier report about the Feat 'Far Shot' not working properly with weapons that are thrown. I'm sure you guys haven't forgotten and that those will be fixed in the next update.

Hoping this is in time to be added to the next update,
Since Far Shot is being brought up, I hereby add my 2 cents with the reminder above of my earlier postings to this thread since both the Far Shot glitch is still happening AND the continued failure to apply the -4 to melee attacks with a Custom Made javelin.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; July 24th, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #206
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old July 24th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Ah, I did a search for Far Shot, this didn't come up for some reason.
Kendall-DM is offline   #207
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Ah, I did a search for Far Shot, this didn't come up for some reason.
Yeah back on page 4 of this thread, entries are in the low thirties, way back in 2010.

I had hoped they'd been resolved by now but when I went to update my "back up" fighter for the current 3.5 campaign that I'm in, I saw that wasn't the case & then you, Kendall-DM, posted your observation on one of the two issues. So hopefully this'll get the notice of 'The Powers That Be' and fixes will be put into place.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; July 24th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #208
McQ

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:13 PM
The pre-made Human Zombie Commoner seems to have no HP displayed, is this due to the lack of any Constitution? In the box defining its' Hit Point value, the number is present, but do the program does not seem to recognize it, thereby using the Tactical Console to subtract HP does not function correctly.

I've tried to make a level one human commoner and then add the Zombie template, but the Zombie template does not seem to be available. Building a "Custom Race" from scratch works as a short term fix, but is there no way to remedy the issue? It's totally possible to subtract from 0 the damage dealt the Zombies, and as undead are graced no negative 10 HP, it's not the biggest problem in the world.

Anyone have a file with the Zombie Template fixed or a Human Zombie Race created?

Edit: Found that I had some files not selected in the Configure Hero screen. Was able to use the Zombie Template and all stats are correct, so no help needed. Maybe it has just been a while since the Undead.stock has been updated?

Last edited by McQ; August 10th, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
McQ is offline   #209
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Found another bug, didn't find it in a search so I'm posting it. It appears that magical shield spikes are experiencing the "live state" problem with its parent. It is resolving the a script I don't have access to before the parent pick has been resolved. You can easily test this by putting masterwork shield spikes on a shield and getting the error.
Kendall-DM is offline   #210
Closed Thread