Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 6th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I don't know how feasible this would be, but I'd love it if, when you applied the Growth and Shrinking powers, it automatically adjusted the height and weight values (ideally, Density would work the same way). To accommodate unusual size values, I'd say that you modify it when the value changes. By the tables, every 4 ranks of growth involves a doubling of height and an eightfold increase of weight (in accordance with square-cube law). If you stored a "base" value for height and weight, you could then use exponentiation to work out the resultant powers. So height would be base * 2^(n/4) and weight would be base 2^(3n/4). Example:
Captain Colossal puts his base height as 5' 9" and his weight as 183 lbs. (69" and 183 lbs).
He turns on Growth 4 and goes up to 11' 6" and 1464 lbs.
He moves up to Growth 6 and goes to 16' 3" and jumps to 2.1 tons.
The player changes the height to 17' and the weight to 4400 lbs because he prefers those numbers, which changes the base height and weight to 6' and 194.5 lbs, to which he'll revert when the Growth is removed.

I think it would be handy for GMs at the table trying to quickly find out whether turning on Growth 8 just caused the growth guy to fall through the floor, or whether he can still fit through a doorway.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old July 6th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
I don't know how feasible this would be, but I'd love it if, when you applied the Growth and Shrinking powers, it automatically adjusted the height and weight values (ideally, Density would work the same way). To accommodate unusual size values, I'd say that you modify it when the value changes. By the tables, every 4 ranks of growth involves a doubling of height and an eightfold increase of weight (in accordance with square-cube law). If you stored a "base" value for height and weight, you could then use exponentiation to work out the resultant powers. So height would be base * 2^(n/4) and weight would be base 2^(3n/4). Example:
Captain Colossal puts his base height as 5' 9" and his weight as 183 lbs. (69" and 183 lbs).
He turns on Growth 4 and goes up to 11' 6" and 1464 lbs.
He moves up to Growth 6 and goes to 16' 3" and jumps to 2.1 tons.
The player changes the height to 17' and the weight to 4400 lbs because he prefers those numbers, which changes the base height and weight to 6' and 194.5 lbs, to which he'll revert when the Growth is removed.

I think it would be handy for GMs at the table trying to quickly find out whether turning on Growth 8 just caused the growth guy to fall through the floor, or whether he can still fit through a doorway.
....or if an opponent's strenth is still sufficient to pick them up/throw them.

I second your request.

I also take this opportunity to lament that I haven't found an easy way to reduce weight (opposite effect of Density Increase) without resorting to Shrinking with a Customn "doesn't change height" or finagling the definition of Insubstantial.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old September 13th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Mentioning this again as a potential feature. ^_^
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote