Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 13th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Aaron, I applaud you. It's about time something has been done with this bug thread, it's way too long.....
I join you in saying a big "HUZZAH!" for Aaron.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #171
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Quote:
It appears you are correct, as I believe they used my code in the newer release of the files. One of my players pointed out that it was the effective druid level that mattered. So, in fact, a single classed druid could use this to make his effective druid level 3 higher for animal companions from the Level -3 list or higher. They would be essentially treated as one class higher for the purposes of applying hit dice, adjustments, and abilities. I'll get on coding that correctly.
Aw jeez, this is one of those nightmare jobs, where two things are being done simultaneously. I think I can get this done, it's just being a real bugger with the timing. I'll post a solution, when and if I come up with it, in the community thread.
Kendall-DM is offline   #172
Arioch7401

Old December 21st, 2011, 07:04 AM
Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not, but was trying to enter Leafweave Armor from the Eberron Cam setting and could not find 7 or 9 in the drop down for Max Dex modifier.

I set it to 8 temporarily to get the item working, but it should really be 7.

Thanks,

Last edited by Arioch7401; December 22nd, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
Arioch7401 is offline   #173
Arioch7401

Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
'Flurry of Blows' seems to need a weapon size set in order to show correctly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen shot.jpg (100.5 KB, 9 views)
Arioch7401 is offline   #174
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
Good news first, I downloaded the HL 3.9 update.

Bad news, I found a bug in D20 that I don't believe has been previously reported. Although this thread is titled Bug Reports for Version 3.14, I am using Version 4.0 of D20 on my computer.

5 or more ranks in Knowledge Religion is supposed to give a +2 synergy bonus to the number of times a day that a Cleric or Paladin can Turn Undead.

Can't speak for the Cleric side at this moment but I can tell you that it isn't being added into the daily total for my Paladin.

Hoping this observation is in time for you guys to get the fix into the next D20 patch,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer.

P.S. Happy New Year to everyone.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; January 2nd, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #175
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:58 AM
Nigel, it's not to the number of times you turn undead. It's a +2 synergy bonus on turning checks against undead. So, when you roll the d20 for Table 8-9 on pg 159, you add +2 to the roll.
Kendall-DM is offline   #176
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Nigel, it's not to the number of times you turn undead. It's a +2 synergy bonus on turning checks against undead. So, when you roll the d20 for Table 8-9 on pg 159, you add +2 to the roll.
See, that's what I get for reading too fast. Thanks Kendall.

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; January 2nd, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #177
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
While working with Ranged attacks I came across some silliness in the code that really, really, really needs to be corrected. In general, a weapon's wAttack field is reserved for melee attacks, however, I've noticed that a strictly ranged attack (i.e. longbow) uses the wAttack field for all display besides that of the Weapons tab. So, in the summary to the right, and the tactical console, this is always displayed from the wAttack field. In fact, I can find no instance, outside of the Weapons tab, where the wRanAtk field is ever used. By that procedure, daggers will never be able to display their ranged attack values properly, because they are always displaying their melee attack values (they are considered both, so they display the wAttack value, which is melee in the case of weapons that are both melee and ranged). I call again, on the powers that be, please, please, please either 1) display both values (preferable), or 2) allow a checkbox on weapons to display the attack in use for both Attack values and Damage values. Thank you.
Kendall-DM is offline   #178
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
While working with Ranged attacks I came across some silliness in the code that really, really, really needs to be corrected. In general, a weapon's wAttack field is reserved for melee attacks, however, I've noticed that a strictly ranged attack (i.e. longbow) uses the wAttack field for all display besides that of the Weapons tab. So, in the summary to the right, and the tactical console, this is always displayed from the wAttack field. In fact, I can find no instance, outside of the Weapons tab, where the wRanAtk field is ever used. By that procedure, daggers will never be able to display their ranged attack values properly, because they are always displaying their melee attack values (they are considered both, so they display the wAttack value, which is melee in the case of weapons that are both melee and ranged). I call again, on the powers that be, please, please, please either 1) display both values (preferable), or 2) allow a checkbox on weapons to display the attack in use for both Attack values and Damage values. Thank you.
On behalf of both myself and others in my gaming group who have had the same observation/desire, I second Kendall's request.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #179
Kebabman

Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hi I posted this 03 Jan 2012 -

I am still trying out the 3.5 character builder but the Disguise skill at 0, does not seem to show up under the Cleric skills is this correct?

I believe it should show, as you can use the skill "unskilled"?

And received the following reply within 3 hours from Aaron -

You are correct, the Disguise skill can be used untrained, I have fixed this for the next release, thanks

So all I have to add is - Brilliant service. Well done Aaron !!
Kebabman is offline   #180
Closed Thread