Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tessakc

Old July 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
So, I've been working on adding a few prestige classes through the editor, but I've run into a problem with the Church Inquisitor from Complete Divine. They gain a third domain, the Inquisition domain, at first level.

I've gotten it to allow the selection of the domain at the first level of the Church Inquisitor class, but none of the spells show up for selection in the Cleric tab. I know I can work around it by adding the domain instead to the Cleric domains, but I was wondering if there was a way to get it to work as it should?
tessakc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 21st, 2010, 11:10 AM
The way I have been handling bonus domains is to add one to the clerics custom ability count, and requiring via an eval rule that "Whatever" domain be selected.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tessakc

Old July 22nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Ah, that did it. Thanks for the help!
tessakc is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
No trouble at all.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
So I am only minutes away from going to do a session of D&D, and something I only just noticed was that the cleric in the party was missing the bonus Domain they were supposed to have.

I read on here that it was possible to change the number of Domains allowed to the class, and that I could Eval Script the one available.

My questions are these:
How do I alter the Core Class Cleric? (I'm assuming a New/Copy of the original; but I met a problem with the Abbreviation and the Identifier)

What is the script to have the bonus Domain be the Restoration (cdRestDLCS) required to be chosen? (Thus far all I did was place a Bootstrap of the Restoration Domain and it has not worked)
McQ is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old May 24th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Is this not feasible?
McQ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 24th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Do you have the community data files? I believe there is a Prestige Class that does something similar to what you want... War-priest or something... I think it had to do with Heironeous that reduced your domains by 1 and then forced to choose War as the domain... I don't have my files available at the moment, but open that up in the editor and check out the eval scripts.
Lawful_g is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old May 25th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Found the class you were talking about. Ordained Champion.
However, it even seems in the Author Comments that there is an error "Too many Domains"

Now, I haven't been able to find the precise Eval Script; all I've been able to find is the Class Special that grants the War Domain. I haven't been able to pinpoint anything else that grants the domain, or how it's even done other than the Class Special being listed in the bootstraps.
McQ is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
McQ

Old May 25th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Seems like it works granting a bonus domain without problem.

Seems this is all you need..

if (hero.childfound[cHelpClr].field[cTotalLev].value = 0) then
perform assign[Helper.ShowSpec]
field[xSumm].text = "Add Restoration domain spells to your spells known for one divine spellcasting class."
elseif (hero.childfound[cHelpClr].field[cTotalLev].value <> 0) then
hero.childfound[cHelpClr].field[cGiveSpec].value += 1
endif

Problem I've found is that I can't specify WHAT Domain is allowed to be chosen (not that big of a deal), and the other issue is that I can't find the Restoration Domain when looking for it to add.

I checked in the Cleric class how there is Custom Ability Count and Custom Ability Name..
The name is Domain, so I looked for the Custom Ability "Domain" and could not find it. Is there any way to alter this to allow other Domains?
McQ is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old May 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Alrighty, looked through my files and found some info for you. Look at the Cloistered Cleric class varient for a pre-req needing a specific domain (this variant requires the Knowledge domain and also adds +1 domains, so it is actually closer than the other example I gave).

The restoration domain is part of the Dragonlance Campaign setting book, so make sure you have that source checked on your character in order to see it available.

Cleric Domains are not like other custm abilities in the editor, they have their own tab called cleric domains, you can find them there.
Lawful_g is offline   #10 Reply With Quote